1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

The Hipshot Vintage Bass Bridge is made of stainless steel

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by zortation, Dec 20, 2016.

1. zortation

zortation

Dec 26, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    ...just in case you're wondering. This has been confirmed in an email exchange between myself and Hipshot.

:beaver:

2. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician, and Contractor to Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
    They need to correct their site then. It says:
    "Vintage 4and 5 string bass bridges are computer designed and made out of heavy gauge brass (not that cheap flimsy stuff)."

3. Turnaround

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician, and Contractor to Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
    Hipshot has now corrected their site. They are in fact Stainless Steel (except for the Gold one which is "steel").

SwitchGear and zortation like this.
  4. zortation

zortation

Dec 26, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    I deserve a cut of the profit...

5. Turnaround

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Thanks for alerting TBers to this. If Hipshot pays me anything for pointing out their error, I will gladly give you half. In fact, here's your half:

"... I apologize for the confusion. Regards".

comatosedragon likes this.
  6. zortation

zortation

Dec 26, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    haha.

:)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021