1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Hohner Clavinet

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by metron, Jun 4, 2007.

1. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Just scored a clavinet pianet duo this weekend. The hammers are pinching a bit but otherwise its in great shape. Used but definitely not abused. This keyboard sound simply can not be duplicated with a sample especially with a wah pedal. Having never played one I was pleasantly surprised by what the pianet adds. Most clav players are apparently not interested in it but I think the blended sound is the best.

2. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Rhodes and Clavinet

3. Nice.

4. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Thanks! Its not x-wire but I still think its pretty cool. Thank goodness musicians stopped using all this old crap... :D

5. Sneckumhaw

Sneckumhaw

Apr 26, 2006
    Earth
    I often consider quitting with the stupid bass and getting some awesome keyboards. That would do nicely.

6. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    *jealous* is that one as heavy as the regular Clav? i think the D6s are about 150 pounds.

7. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Im very much a bass player and always will be but I love vintage keys. I just mess around with it now but I want to take lessons. Untimately my interest in playing keys is to gain a greater understanding of melody and harmony to better my bass playing.

8. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Woa! I dont think even the Rhodes breaks 150. The D6 is almost 70 lbs. The duo is heavier due to the pianet assembly which is mostly visible in the pic with the lid off. I would guess its about 100 lbs.

I am going to replace the hammer tips and pianet sticky pads soon. Shouldnt take too much more than that to get it sounding new.

9. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    lucky! :hyper:

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021