The Horror-Channel needs your help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Squidfinger, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    The Horror-Channel will be launching later this month. It needs your help!!!!!!!!!!!! Please visit the link and sign the petition to your cable/satellite company. It only takes a minute. It certainly would make TV a little more interesting.

Horror Channel

EDIT: All movies will be unedited/uncut (30 minute commercial breaks inbetween movies instead of during them) and presented in letterbox whenever possible. :D
  2. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    Done and done. I really hope they put it on the air.
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I don't think it will last long if the only commercials are inbetween movies.
  4. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Petition filled out.
  5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  6. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Already have it mofo's :D :hyper:

It's been on air in the UK for the last 6 months, maybe even year. I tune in quite often but filmwise it isn't that spectacular in the sense of 'great films'. However if you dig films along the lines of 'so bad it's good', then you're set!

Probably the best I've seen was 'Hardrock Zombies'; a touring (glam)rock band visit a small town and recieve a cold welcome. Prior to this, the bass player demonstrates a riff he learnt from 'the book of the dead' that according to him (and the fly that's killed+ressurected multiple times) ressurects dead stuff.

The band are later killed for some reason or other by the townfolk. Fortunatly (in the sense that it offers some kind of a story/reason to the film), the bass player previously recorded his re-animating-rock-riff to tape and gave it to a local chick. She then plays the tape at the rock bands graves where they emerge in a zombificated manner, at which point the film zaps into a bizzare music video..sort of. Oh yeah, there's also some midgets in bowler hats that show how the vertically challenged can devour a full cow (incase anyone was wondering).

Oh yeah, back to the Horror hannel. It actually has some killer documentaries (no pun intended), from the view points of small-budget film makers that cover the effects, actors, camera work etc used in their films. Very nifty! Sadly, these aren't listed and are often weaved into the 30 minute voids between films so you have to be sharp to catch 'em!
  7. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Just filled it out right now.
  8. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    are they going to show the Chucky movies? how about the Leprechaun ones? I'd get it if they showed C.H.U.D. :D