Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Hulkster played bass!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by PanteraFan, May 30, 2001.

1. If you watch the WWF, on Monday night there was some footage from 1987 of Vince McMahon singing 'Stand Back', with Hulk Hogan on bass!

*Hogan voice on, addressing JT*

You know something brother, you might have the biggest necks in bass, but ah got my pythons, and ah can wrap em around anything you can throw at me brother! Ah might not have the mullet, but ah got thousands, and thousands, of Hulkamaniacs, all slavering for the Hulkster, brother!

*"Real American" hits*

I'll never let this rest!!!!:D

2. This is well known info with in wrestling circles, Hulkster was a semi-pro in a band with Jimmy Hart, Jason Oldsted is probably more familiar with the story than me. Also Lita from the WWF is also a bassist, dont know if shes any good, but I heard the Hulkster could play.

3. twiggy

twiggy Guest

Apr 27, 2001
    nc
    lita plays i think that is cool as shizznit.any idea what she plays

4. If I remember the article correctly ,Lita played with one of the members of 7 seconds and other members of various punk bands.(I saw the write up in Rolling Stone,the one with the" Rock "on the cover.)She says they recorded a song or two.Would love to hear it.Also,I'm willing to bet most of us would rather see Lita than the Hulkster any old day!!!

5. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I laughed my head off with Hulk and his yellow bass on Raw. I knew he was a bass player back in the day before he picked up wrestling full time. But I confess I didn't know Lita ever played bass. I'd love to see her. She's probably earning more money wrestling, but maybe she'll go back to the bass once she tires of wrestling. Women don't last too long in that business, except for Moolah and Mae Young.

6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I saw the Hulkster playing in a nightclub (The Whipping Post) in Augusta Ga. It must have been in the mid to late 70's.

7. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    this was already posted here maybe about a month ago...try a search too

8. Woah girl,now you've definitely confirmed your age!!!I loved the" recent" skits that involved those two when they were in the WWF.LoL!!! It would be cool if Lita did go back into music and it would be even cooler if she joined TB!!!!Lord knows we need more females in this "boys" club.

9. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Lita in TalkBass! That's a great idea. I wonder how we could recruit her. Maybe get her to do an "Ask the Pros" forum. We don't have a lady pro yet. Furthermore we could ask her bass questions and wrestling questions too. Great fun!

10. Jason O. that would be cool to have her involved in whatever way you moderators see fit.She might actually have an e-address on WWF'S site.Maybe you ought to drop her a line. Woo Hoo!!! I'm sure she'd listen to another female bassist.

11. Yeah, but make sure you warn her that there may be a lot of love-starved bassists asking her for dates;)

12. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    Does anyone know where you can get MP3s of Hulk or Lita jammin'? And that RAW thing pissed me off, the video cut right as they were spotlighting the hulkster. PERFECT SOLO OPPERTUNITY! Yargh! For all I know, Hulk could be like Geddy Lee on steroids.