1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The "I am single and its AWESOME" thread!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, Sep 20, 2008.

1. just thought i would start a single guy thread for all the people that have yet to meet their Awesome better half, or do not care to be tied down!:bassist:

i have purchased all of my gear and not had to consult with anyone about it.:hyper:

2. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    i too enjoy being single currently.

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I vote for a thread title change ;)

4. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    PLEASE listen to my band's song "Here I Am Again" ... we all know what it's like! (myspace link in sig ...)

5. i didn't say and I'm Awesome, that would be a lie. i am a dork, but a dork that is single, and happy. :hyper:

would you prefer TalkBass singles support group, and online dating?:atoz:

last time i checked the only way that would work is if a lot of people were homosexuals.:ninja:

6. that song sounds like something from a disney movie. :)

7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I don't think I belong in here at the moment. I just spent a few hours with a bunch of people I hadn't seen since high school, 13 years ago. I was the ONLY one not married with kids.

Granted, I don't want to get married and have kids, but it still made me feel weird anyway.

8. chuckjones93

chuckjones93

Mar 25, 2008
    Akron, Ohio
    Enjoy punching the clown.

9. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    None of my roommates are home (I live with all females), and I'm sitting on the can. If I move 6 inches to the left, I lose internet, so I'm a little skewed to the right. And drunkt.

10. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    Meh. Don't get me wrong, it's much cheaper and freer, but what can I say, some people just happen to like being tied down...

11. kinky;)

12. nickn

nickn

Oct 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    How about the "Now that I'm in a relationship I realize how AWESOME it was to be single" thread? :oops:

13. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    +1

14. no, people like that are in the abyss between the awesomeness of being single and the having an awesome wife.

15. nickn

nickn

Oct 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    :atoz:

16. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    I want to be in your club. Ill enquirer in 2 weeks when i do the deed with my girl.

17. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    After being single for a good while, then being stuck with someone who was barking mad for five years, then being single again for the last year, each day still brings a big grin to my face when I realise how much I'm once again enjoying not having to plan for, worry about, feel frustrated with or be restricted in what I choose to do by someone else.

I have to admit that making the effort to get to acquainted with the occasional girl whom you have no wish to take home to meet your mother does a great deal to mitigate the obvious disadvantage.

Singledom isn't for everyone, I know, and I'm not trying to sway anyone else here, just talking about my own current take on this. To those who don't care for these advantages and have somebody who suits them perfectly - cool, I sincerely wish you all the best in your relationship.

18. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Thanks for the recommendation. ;)

19. You are a badass.

20. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I broke up with my ex about 4 months ago. Since then I have started drinking coffee, and I'm becoming more and more sure about getting a tattoo and some piercings. I'm also more open to new experiences. So I guess, in a way it has been good for me.

I miss her though :(