The i-amp I'm working on buying took a spill :(

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ole Jason, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Got the email tonight letting me know that the amp is no longer mint. Thank goodness for an honest seller, a lot of people would have just told me it was damaged during shipping. Anyway, here's the damage...

It doesn't look too bad. I'm more concerned about soldering points coming loose than anything. Anyone have experience opening the i-amps? I'm not sure how far the circuit board sits from the pots so I don't know if the dent could have reached the board.
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  3. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Get a discount from the seller. Make sure it works. If anythings does come loose at least its EA - a company with arguably the best customer service in music gear land.
  4. I got a discount and a 2 week guarantee that I'll be happy with it so I'm pretty happy. He opened the case and the circuit board was untouched so looks like it just bent the case a little. I don't think the dent will bother me once I hear the rig hehe.
  5. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Enjoy- I have an iamp 500 - it kicks ass.
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I say go for it but make sure that he will give you a good refund period.

7. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Send the photos to Gary Gibilisco at EA. I'm sure that he'll try to give you a "read" on the potential damage. I hope things work out for you. It's a great amp. :(
  8. Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Or have the seller route it through EA on it's way to you.
  9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Seeing that it is a "red knob" 800, I'd send it in to EA anyway, and get the updates (which although minor, will still give Gary a chance to take a look at it). You could also have the new black knobs installed, which I think look a bit better.