The I wear Chuck Taylors club.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, Feb 6, 2009.

1. no numbers, and your chucks are your member card. :p

just shout out if you wear chuck taylors!

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i don't have any, but i want to get a custom colored set from their website with my boxing team's colors and name.. they are really nice, but pricey..

3. I have three pairs... I had to throw out a pair because they were literally falling apart. I wore them a lot for 3 years :).

I love my Chucks but I'm not allowed to wear em to school any more :(. I try and wear them every chance that I can get though, just to make up for it.

4. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    I had one pair of red Chucks in my childhood. Easily the coolest shoe ever.

especially back when they were inexpensive.

5. 20+ years!...:bag::cool:

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Got a pair in black. I put a safety pin through the two air vents on the side.

How much they getting to be these days anyway? I've had my pair for about eight or nine years now. I remember when they were $12 at Sears when I was a kid. I think I paid about $20 for my last pair.

-Mike

7. I have 2 pairs

High tops in OK condition

Low tops that are absolutely trashed (the way they are supposed to look!) :cool:

Yeah :atoz:

8. The first pair of Chuck's I owned were black suede with brass flugelbinders :D

Second were a greyish pair with that "distressed" style.

The third pair (and current) are your stock standard black ones.

9. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    High tops are the only chucks, in my humble opinion.

10. I didn't know there were any others... ;)

11. i wore them all the way through high school. black on black. but one day in college i stepping into a pair of dc's to skate in, and i fell in love with skate shoes all over again. so i went and bought some circas and been wearing them ever since. i break out the chucks every now and then, but ive really missed wearing pillows on my feet. i do miss the support of high tops.

12. No pics, no Chucks.

Picture31.jpg

13. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    I just bit the bullet and got some of those. $62.00, but worth every penny i say! they should be coming in a few days here...

14. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I have 4 pairs.

White with purple tribal design.

White with rainbow + rainbow laces.

War/peace - camo at the front fades into doves at the back.

Black/yellow stripes - this pair are really cool, because they come mismatched. The stripes go in opposite directions on each shoe, Converse Stars are different colours, lace holes are all in the wrong places, and one shoe has more lace holes than the other.

15. 076.jpg 076.jpg

16. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    is it lame that I have to buy them a size big and put insoles in them for my tired dogs? (yeah dude, I'm gellin like a felon) Otherwise, yeah, I like 'em. I used to wear nothing but.

17. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I used to rock a pair of red high tops for the longest time. They eventually turned into a brownish color similar to dried blood; that's how dirty they were. I ended up losing one when I had to hop over a fence in a hurry. :meh:

18. all black leather high tops

converse-chuck-taylor-allstar-monochrome-black-leather-1.jpg

19. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    i have 22 pairs in my closet right now. i just bought the new THE WHO line also. they are the only shoes i wear.

20. kydnav

kydnav

Jun 24, 2006
    Netherlands
    I got these
    converse-grey-all-star-double-upper-trainer.jpg
    2482089710_080c1b39d9.jpg

I like the double uppers :hyper:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021