1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Ibanez Club (Part 6)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Aug 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. There's a local guitar player who must own a dozen RGs, mostly the Steve Vai ones, with the vine inlays.
    He's SO Ibanez, even wears a Ibanez baseball cap & will be the first to come check out any new instruments at the local Ibanez dealer.
    He's such a good customer that when they order new guitars they actually ask him which finishes he'd prefer.

pcake, GroveBass and Basstovsky like this.
  2. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

Anyone here have an Ibby Talman TMB600? I'd like to hear about it.

3. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Aahh...do I? You really think so...? ;) :D

Come to think of it, I didn't even own any Ibanez prior to 2014, which I have been an owner of some other brands for 22+ year...

B-Mac likes this.
  4. Have you visited the production facilities there?

5. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    unfortunately no... :(

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  6. I used to visit Ensenada in the 90s, but had no idea there was a Fender factory there.

7. Basstovsky

Basstovsky Stuck on those 4-strings Supporting Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks for posting this, I'd been looking for an affordable alternative to a Dingwall Combustion for a 4-string multi-scale bass for a while. Now that I have a goal, I need to start stashing away some funds for it =D

8. It's got everything I'd like, except the pickups. Yes, I know they're easily change-able, or are they?
    Not sure they're the same dimensions as standard soapbars.

9. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    we all know nothing is wrong in having GAS here :D

Have you tried one? They update the electronics (pickups & especially the preamp) quite often, so you might not know unless you've tried it.

10. Tried BTBs with BH2, didn't like them as much as the Big Singles.
    I was looking at BTBs this evening with Big Singles & like a dummy I didn't take a photo or jot down the model number. They only had 5 & 6 string models, but I'd be interested in a lightweight BTB with Nordstrands.

11. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Have you tried the current Premium BTB lines with the Aguilar pickups?

12. ALL the Premiums are 5 strings or more, from what I've seen.
    I haved tried the Aguilar in a BTB 5-string, but they were the DCB.
    Still liking Big Singles better & was just noticing a soapbar in a BTB in the BTB Club thread that might be single-coils. You can see the pole pieces as well, which I feel exposed pole pieces is a bonus.

13. Rattanee

Rattanee

Oct 31, 2017
    EU, Hungary
    Hey guys, google failed me. I just bought this guy in Germany. Anyone know where I could dig up some info on it? Appoximate year of make or anything? Looks like the 2030, but the headstock and bridge are different, definitely older.
    Aside from the frets being completely used up, it's in nice shape.

Attached Files:

PDGood likes this.
  14. PDGood

PDGood Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Nice score! I love the unusual models and this is a great example.

15. NapBassT

NapBassT Fretless and Ramps

Jan 4, 2015
    SoCal
    Snagged this SR1305PD for an insane price recently. The previous owner had the bass defretted and coated the board with epoxy. I think this is my new favorite bass. :D

Related, has anyone had volume issues with the AFR pickups and preamp? The output on this bass is super low, even compared to some of my passive basses. The pickups and preamp sound pretty good, it's just the level that bugs me. And yes I've changed the battery.

Pics of the bass:

IMG_20181017_161404. IMG_20181017_161410.

16. i often see afrs so close to the strings that there are roundwound gouges in the plastic covers. maybe they need to be really close to the strings? many of mine are set up that way.

17. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    And yet still no new leftys! :crying: :bawl:

18. enjoi1018

enjoi1018 Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Auburn, AL
    Still no one here with a new BTB Volo, either 5’er or 6’er?

19. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    enjoi1018 likes this.
  20. enjoi1018

enjoi1018 Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Auburn, AL
    This is hilarious. I clearly completely forgot, because I’m really latched on to the 6.

Whoopsie