1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Ibanez Club (Part 6)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Aug 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Beautiful!

ElBecko59 likes this.
  2. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Dec 9, 2011
    Brampton, On
    I have been messing around with my new ex405 it has the double P pickups. I was very surprised how hot they are. They have more output than my Warwick active. I was curious so I used a Db meter and it made 8db more than my Warwick. It kept overdriving my amp I had to seriously drop them to to stop it from putting dirt in the signal. I have them very low about 6-7mm from the strings and the bass still has more output than any bass I have.
    I may have found the best bass for metal :bassist: as it seriously punches you in the chest even at low volume. I may have to drop the pickups more just to tame them even more Lol

TerribleTim68 likes this.
  3. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    ^^ Just because a bass has a preamp, doesn't mean the pre actually adds any gain. It could simply be being used to buffer impedances and add EQ.

chupacerveza likes this.
  4. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Dec 9, 2011
    Brampton, On
    True...my SR400 which has a preamp is my lowest output bass and the pickups are almost too close to the strings. However my Warwick has always had more output than most basses I have encountered. Usually making my GK mbfusion Start to break up around the 11’oclock on the gain. My ex405 was making it start to distort around at the 8’oclock and heavy distortion at around 10oclock.
    It’s too bad the ex405 doesn’t really fit the look of my bands that well. It really is a great playing/sounding bass.

5. J-Rad

J-Rad

Aug 2, 2019
    Saint Peter, MN
    Well, as I mentioned a few days ago, I have finally become a member of the Ibanez family, once again.

I managed to snag one of the new 2020 Ibanez BTB1935 models for a fantastic deal online. It's ice-cold right now (we're experiencing some severe cold here in Minnesota today) so I'm letting it get warmed up a bit before I tune it up and everything, but I really dig the look and feel so far. Can't wait to give him a test drive later tonight.
    IMG_20200213_135735_813.jpg

Treblefree, Socobass, Rilence and 7 others like this.
  6. It's beautiful!

7. Rilence

Rilence

Jan 20, 2019
    Geelong AU
    Nice one J-Rad :thumbsup:

chupacerveza likes this.
  8. SleazyB

SleazyB

Sep 25, 2016
    Frankfurt a.M.
    Does anyone of you Ibanez- Pros know if it would be possible to replace the preamp of a EHB with a Darkglass Tone Capsule ? Would the number of ´knobs ´ add up or would there be a hole in the bass left ?
    Thanks in advance

9. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    2nQ6S9-oLRov4TRR4aMMVHbPgeGT3erhPS8OCtq8dChp1RhtKpXJPoc8WyGqFtyCed2otCMXSP2T3I7VNc=w862-h1149-no.jpg

Just got this bad larry a couple of weeks ago. Brought it to a jam session with some friends and it sat in the mix very well! Really enjoying it!

Socobass, SleazyB, Barticus and 4 others like this.
  10. If there is a hole left, you could always just install a kill switch in that spot. ;)

SleazyB and chupacerveza like this.
  11. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    How do you know you won't be happy with the stock pre?

12. GroveBass

GroveBass

Sep 5, 2016
    Madison, AL
  13. GroveBass

GroveBass

Sep 5, 2016
    Madison, AL
    My 2405 was setup perfectly, so unless you have some issue, leave it alone and just play it! :)

14. I really don't want to get in the middle of it, but the difference was you stated a "sG2405" and he stated an "sR2405".
    I constantly see people listing the Soundgear models as "SG" instead of the proper "SR". I just drive on by it myself, because there's no point in trying to correct unless you want an internet feud. but, that being said, SG is a Gibson model, not Ibanez.

chupacerveza and Killed_by_Death like this.
  15. GroveBass

GroveBass

Sep 5, 2016
    Madison, AL
    Ahh... I totally and completely missed that!!! And yes, I do understand the difference, so thank you for bringing it to my attention!!!

16. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    Making the world a better place, one typo at a time.

17. GroveBass

GroveBass

Sep 5, 2016
    Madison, AL
    And if I can figure out how to edit my post from my phone, I will correct it ASAP! Thanks again!!!

18. I'm not really sure what you said, I only saw what you typed :smug:
    Enjoy it & have a great weekend.

TBH I'm more than a little surprised no one has grabbed up that one I posted, as half-price from the new retail price.
    GC usually prices things at 65% of new

chupacerveza and GroveBass like this.
  19. So, first of all you only get a certain amount of time to edit a post. And I think if someone quotes your post you can no longer edit it.

But, if it CAN still be edited, you have to click on the three little bars at the bottom left of your post. The edit option will be in that. ;)
    Again tho, if it's been quoted, no edit for you! :roflmao:

chupacerveza likes this.
  20. GroveBass

GroveBass

Sep 5, 2016
    Madison, AL
    Yep... I saw that option on newer posts, but none of those had been quoted. No big deal... I appreciate the gentle correction, and the understanding that goes along with it. I really SHOULD know better than post while intoxicated, but I keep doing it anyway! :laugh:

Oh, and for the record... even though I’ve been playing bass for just shy of 20 years now, I do NOT consider myself any type of expert, so I AM here to learn! :)

chupacerveza likes this.