1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Ibanez Promethean Series Club: Little Low End Beasts!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Salamenster, Jul 14, 2013.

1. I wish they didn’t discontinue the 5210 I love that amp and if it dies i will be very sad

tombowlus likes this.
  2. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    I stupidly sold my 5210. Big mistake. It"s a great amp.

3. Wouldn’t that be pre-eq?

4. fermata

fermata

Nov 10, 2015
    Thanks for catching that: yes, pre-EQ. (Apparently, I posted that on Opposite Day.)

downunder likes this.
  5. Lanier_LS

Lanier_LS

Feb 10, 2018
    Hi there! I’m new here fellow ‘theans, got my P5110 new but old stock about a year ago. I’m very happy to have it and no regrets about the price. Definitely worth it. I’m planning to add an extension cab, looking for advice and recommendations which one extension cab I have to get. Sorry guys I haven’t back read all the post, I feel like, I need the answers personally and making sure that I don’t make a mistake in buying and hooking up the ext. cab to my precious 5110 ☺️. Well, I already have been in searching in the market and I see this Harley Benton 2x10 8 ohms with 200 watts. Is the impedance enough? I’m thinking about the output of two 10” is gonna be 4 ohms? The manual says it must be 8 ohms right? What about the watts? Should I go for it? If I get the 1x10 or the 1x15 with 8 ohms 250 watts are these gonna be better? I wanted to add an ext cab so that I would not have to push the 5110’s volume/gain. Thanks in advance! Have a great day!
    *Correction to the watts of Harley benton it should be 250w not 200w ☺️
    Sorry my bad

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 5:50 PM
  6. fermata

fermata

Nov 10, 2015
    It's too bad Ibanez stopped making the matching 110 cab, but if you're interested in a compact 210 setup, the Eden EX110 seems like a good choice. Ibanez does make a matching 210 cab. I've used my P3110 with a different 210, and it's a very good sound, full and punchy. I recently tried a 112 with my P3110, but I wasn't sold on that particular cab with my combo. I ended up getting a 115, which negates the portability factor but sounds terrific. Ibanez also makes a 115 cab in the Promethean line. Here's what customer service told me about pairing either their 210 or 115 with my P3110:
    In short: getting one of Ibanez's extension cabs is a sure thing; other cabs are a try-before-you-buy scenario, but it won't be too hard to find something that sounds good. (If you have to buy blind, a 110 or 210 will be your best bet for pairing well with the combo.) Whatever you get, it should be 8 Ohm and ideally have a power handling capability of at least 250 watts (since your your amp can put up to 250 watts into each cab).

As for the Harley Benton cab you're considering, a 200 W extension cab could work, as long as you don't push it to much (listen for signs of stress, then back off). And the cab's impedance rating already accounts for however many speakers are in it--so if it's an 8 Ohm 210, it's an 8 Ohm 210; you don't have to do any extra math.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 10:36 AM
    Lanier_LS likes this.
  7. Lanier_LS

Lanier_LS

Feb 10, 2018
    Yeah, I’m disappointed too, don’t know why they discontinued it. I choose the Harley benton cab, because someone says it is the same company that use to make the promethean model. I read it over here. So does the eden 1x10 have a good feedback as well. I’m considering the promethean cab, but it seems that it will gonna cost and hard to find.

fermata likes this.