Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Ibanez SR800GR Vs. Ibanez BTB510

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EasyBass, May 31, 2001.

1. EasyBass

EasyBass

Nov 19, 2000
    Portland, Oregon
    If any of you out there no the goods and bads between these two I would really like to know, I have the SR 800 right now, but I like the feel of the btb510, So jsut give your two sence worth and tha twill help me greatly. Thanks

2. The BTB is superior in almost every way. It has 18V electronics(compared to 9V on the Soundgear), a walnut body(Soundgear has basswood - ick) a locking jack, Monorail bridge, etc. The BTB is perhaps my favourite Ibanez bass, I'm buying a 405QM sometime next year.

All IMO, of course.:D

3. Easybass, first off, welcome to talkbass.

Now, I haven't played the SR800, nor the BTB510, but, I have played all the BTB 5 strings.These are absolutely fantastic basses. Their electronics and their 35 inch scale give them a killer low end. Did you know that the BTB510 is also 35 inch scale?
    I think this will give it a big advantage over the SR800, but, that's for you to decide. The 800 looks really good though,(I'm looking at a catalog right now) so, I'd say done be biased for either one of them, play both and let the feel and sound decide for you. Hey, here's an idea; buy both!

Mike J.

4. He's already got an SR800. Hell, if he buys the BTB and begins to hate his SR, it'd be good trade in material.

5. semo77

semo77 Guest

Jun 1, 2001
    St. Louis
    I owned a Soundgear,,,it was a good gig bass,,,I switched to Fender,,,for a little warmer tome,,I was at my local g****r shop and I tried out the Ibanez EDB605GP the ergodyne,,,I bought it and it is my everyday bass,,I love it and would not trade it for anything,,well a pre-gibson Tobias would be nice..

7. sell the SR. Get the BTB.

8. I second that emotion! Listen; it's giving you a message: BTB - " Buy That Bass!"

Mike J.

9. oo0o00o0oo

oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Chicago
    I have a SG 810 and a BTB405. The BTB is superior in <i>every</i> way to me. It was cheaper too :)

10. EasyBass

EasyBass

Nov 19, 2000
    Portland, Oregon
    I got the BTB today, and damn!I am so glad I got it, it added a lot more power, a sound I like a lot more, and too me better looks. THe only problem is we had to special order a case that could fit it, so no hard case for a week or two, but I am glad I listened to you all. thanks again!

11. oo0o00o0oo

oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Chicago
    My BTB fits in my old SKB fender style case just fine.

12. Well, I guess that SR ain't looking so fine now huh?;)

What do you reckon the second hand price on an SR810 is?:D

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You made the right choice, IMHO.

BTBs are superior in every way to Soundgears.

Congratulations on your new bass, and welcome to Talkbass!:)

14. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    \(^_^)\ BTB!! /(^_^)/
    \(^_^)\ BTB!! /(^_^)/
    \(^_^)\ BTB!! /(^_^)/
    \(^_^)\ BTB!! /(^_^)/
    \(^_^)\ BTB!! /(^_^)/
    \(^_^)\ BTB!! /(^_^)/
    \(^_^)\ BTB!! /(^_^)/
    \(^_^)\ BTB!! /(^_^)/