1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"The Illusionist" the movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Anyone care to explain the end? I have no idea what happened... Did not understand it at all.

2. Well its been a while since i seen it but as I remember. They girl wasn't dead and the magician and the girl got away from the mean man. When the investigator was at the train station earlier in the movie he was talking to a man about somesort of plan... that man was the doctor. The girl wasn't really stabbed and the doctor said she was dead and they got out of there. I could better explain but i haven't seen the movie in 6 months but thats about the gist of it

3. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    It was a bambozzle...a whamolla...a set-up baby.

4. JNowiski

JNowiski

Jan 16, 2006
    Fayetteville/NC
    yeah dude, it was all an elaborate set-up...in fact, they explain it at the end...so i don't understand how you don't understand it.

5. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    I was gonna try to answer this question, but then I realized that what I remember from this movie has merged with what I remember from "The Prestige", and now I'm not sure what happened in either movie.:meh:

6. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    +1, they laid it all out step by step. In fact I liked the movie until they did that, it felt like they had to "dumb it down" for the audience.

7. Stock R

Stock R n00b

Dec 5, 2005
    Toronto/Ottawa
    +1. I was trying to think about it and realized I have the 2 movies mixed up.

8. I know the girl didn't die in the end, but how did she not die?

9. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    It was an illusion, hence The Illusionist!:smug:

10. But the movie shows that people can't touch the illusion, so how could have the prince killed her?