Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The "Impatient Bassist Waiting for his Bass" Thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Mar 20, 2003.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    I've waitin' on Keith to finish two Roscoe LG3005's for me, and as much as i love the man, its been toooooo long!

anyone else? air it out, here.

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well, yes, as a matter-of-fact!

I placed a down-payment on a Jerzy Drozd from Luthier's Access Group. The thing is, it's a graduation present from me to me. And, as a promise to my wife, I swore I wouldn't pay for the whole thing until I finish school, so I guess it's partially my fault.

But, I graduate on June 15th, so just a few more months to go. I can't wait! Here's a picture of my soon-to-be newest family member...

[​IMG]

I'm goin' to visit her in a week.:D Too bad I can't bring her home yet.:(

3. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Well, I'm waiting for a custom D. Huff bass. I think I've until about August to stew.

I wish I had a pic, but it's as follows:

* D. Huff "R" bass, 5-string
    * 35" scale
    * 19mm string spacing at the bridge
    *Mahogany core, black rosewood wing facings, front and back, cocobolo center piece (front and back), with mahogany/black rosewood racing stripes between the wing facings and the cocobolo center piece.
    * Birdseye maple neck w/ 24 fret ebony fretboard
    * 2 Bartolini P4 quad-coil pickups (with coil tapping on each for "single" coil/reverse P/all coils) in the turbo configuration (think Zon Sonus Special)
    * Bartolini 4.7 preamp/harness, 3 band EQ with active/passive switch on volume knob
    * Custom D. Huff 5-string tremolo bridge

I cannot WAIT for this bass!

4. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Oh yeah. Waiting is hard. Some time ago I ordered a second Overwater J-Series 5-string, fretted this time. Will probably not be in my hands for another month or two.

It will be well worth the wait, I'm sure. :bassist:

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Roscoe=good. The wait will, no doubt, be worth it! :cool:

6. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Motown
    I got a lot more patient after I got this photo:

[​IMG]

Another month or so and she'll be in my hands.

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'm patiently waiting for my new Benavente.... I got a teaser shot of the body after it was painted the other day from Chris :) 2 to 3 more weeks and I should be playing it :cool:

8. joker - i'm waiting for my roscoe skb too... of course i just ordered it last week so... ;)

how long you been waiting?

9. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Hey X,

Is that a DP custom??? If it is I wish Dave would send me some progress pics of mine.. He said it'd be ready mid to late March... Well, it's the 21st already and all's still quiet on the western front...

Are you still out there Dave?!?!?!?!?!

Also, Im waiting on my custom 8 string from Bill Conklin.. I have to say he's been a lot better on the "customer service" side than Dave has. The 8 should be ready around lat May early June (according to Bill). But the neck's already been glued and Mike's ordered the hardware for it. Maybe it'll be ready a little sooner.

Mark

10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Keith's notoriuos for taking his time. It's a good thing his basses are killin'.

11. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I finally decided to try out an Essex Jazz fromd Rondo...Order should come sometime next week :cool:[​IMG]

Its no bevantene or roscoe, but a new bass is a new bass right? lol..

12. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    We love teasing people with progress pics....:D :D

13. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    My DP custom is still on Dave's to-do list. One day it will be finished. I feel everyone's pain. :( :D

I suppose we should feel fortunate that we ARE waiting for custom basses.

14. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Motown
    It is a DP, I ordered it in sept. I waited and waited for news then finally decided to ask (VERY POLITELY) if Dave could send me a pic and he did. I've been trying not to bother him cuz i know that sort of thing would drive me nuts :D I'm really happy with the way it's coming together and [begin Veruca Salt Voice] I WANT IT NOW DADDY [end Veruca Salt voice] But I just got a '74 jazz that I'm digging on so I can wait a couple of more months...

15. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Hi,Just ordered a FBB-Single Cutaway 6-string fretless. Spanish Cedar body
    Bubinga Top
    Ebony fingerboard
    One Bard Pickup completely passive
    No controls input jack only
    4-months wait I can do it.

16. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Nyah Nyah... I bought used so I wouldn't have to wait :) Yeah, I know it's not quite the same as your orders, but it works for me.

17. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I waited 17 MONTHS for a Ken Bebensee!!!!!!:eek:

You talk about having some nightmares!! I even went out to his shop in Cali. Just to get a taste of it. I was down right madding!!!! Now his order time is 18-24 months!! I am serious.

18. Yep, I've got my Curbow 6-string in the works. I knew it would take a while, so I'm hopefully not being impatient, but I'm definately anxious for it to be done! With luck, I'll have some "in progress" shots, and not just design drawings, within the next couple of weeks.

Mike

19. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Joker,
    It's hard sometimes but just be patient. It took 5 months for my last Roscoe! The wait seems to be getting longer, BUT, the quality is better than ever! Worth every minute of the wait!:)

20. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    After 3 months of waiting, I recently added this little beauty to my stable.

Bones