1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Importance of Tabs (as demonstrated by Gilmour, Knopfler, Lemmy, King and Moore)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Milk, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Milk

Milk

Sep 16, 2013
    Montreal, Canada

As we all know, impossible to play properly without those helpful little diagrams.

(Probably this old French and Saunders classic has been posted before....too bad about the poor quality)

2. ProgRocker

ProgRocker

Mar 25, 2011
    Tab is only helpful if you already know how the music sounds and just need to know positioning. It doesn't give you any essential information. Someone not familiar with the song would not be helped by tab.

So, tab is "important"? Not really.

3. jchrisk1

jchrisk1 Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    Exhibit A. LOL. Good stuff. Tabs. I don't want to have to think about numbers while playing. I like to hear the tunes.

4. Milk

Milk

Sep 16, 2013
    Montreal, Canada
    You should have watched the video, or as it were, Exhibit A. I don't know how you can claim it's not important when neither "Kenopfeler", Gilmour or Lemmy can even play their own songs without it. But if you want to claim to be better and more knowledgeable than these guys, be my guest.

5. photogdude

photogdude ustonsucs Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, Tx
    funny vid

6. repoman

repoman

Aug 11, 2011
    Kinderhook NY
    "naa, we'd never get the witnesses" lol.

7. What does that say about Kenopfeler, Gilmour and Lemmy?

8. repoman

repoman

Aug 11, 2011
    Kinderhook NY
    ...that they have a sense of humor? :)

9. Milk

Milk

Sep 16, 2013
    Montreal, Canada
    And who wouldn't pay good money to see the supergroup at the end?

10. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    2 funny!