The inevitable NCAA tourney thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Mar 14, 2005.

1. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Once again, March Madness is upon us.

Help a brother out - gotta pick my bracket, and I don't pay attention to college basketball at all. I know Illinois kicked some major butt this year, and I'm slating them to go at least to the finals. I have the Badgers winning their first game because I'm a UW alum, but I know they'll just screw up my bracket if I put them any further.

After that, I'm wide open. Any predictions?
  2. What is this "March Madness" you speak of?

3. UW for the win! Alright, not really. I think they'll at least beat Montana, though. Have a little faith, man.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wake Forest

5. groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    BC will probably at least make it through the first two rounds...NO guarantees though, given the way they've been playing lately. If they get their game on, then they'll do pretty good. They did beat UConn on the road...
  6. Chicago Region: Illinois, Oklahoma St, or Arizona will take this. I'd say Illinois will most likely win, Ok St at 2, and Arizona 3 Prediction bracket winner: Illinois

Albuquerque Region: Very stacked top to bottom. I think either Louisville (depsite being a 4 seed) or WF will take this conference, with Gonzaga also a heavy hitter in the conference. I just don't see Washington going all the way. I'm going out on a limb on this, but Prediction bracket winner: Louisville

Syracuse Region: UNC the obvious favorite. How UConn got a number 2 still confuses me....they aren't THAT good. They're on a weak side of the bracket however, so they can very feasibly hit the Elite Eight, but they will lose to either UNC, or possible cinderella teams Villanova or Florida. Don't discount either team, because either of them can beat UNC. Prediction bracket winner: Florida

Austin Region: Duke baby. I don't see Kentucky or Cincinatti going far, but Kentucky has proved me wrong several times before. ODU will beat Mich St in the first round (one of my few upset picks), but they will lose to also serious contender Syracuse. Prediction bracket winner: Duke

But I could be way off. Who knows.
  7. If Jarett Jack is healthy, watch Georgia Tech in Albuquerque. I'm torn over Florida and North Carolina in Syracuse. Florida spanked Kentucky and was dominate in the SEC tourney. You just don't know who will show up for N. Carolina. I like your other predictions. However, there will be upsets and they are so hard to predict. That's what makes this the best post-season in all of sports. By far, IMO.
  8. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    This is my favorite sports event. I'm a UNC fan, so I gotta say: GO TARHEELS!!!!!!!!! :) :hyper:

I've filled out a Tournament sheet, but I don't pick the winning teams very often. It's just for fun and I usually get wiped out in the second round. You don't want my "help". :p

I'm leaving for a four-day gig in Pocatello, Idaho tomorrow. They have some big Rodeo Finals going on, I don't know much about it, but it's supposed to be a pretty big deal there. I'll be able to kick back at the motel during the day and stay glued to the T.V.. :cool:

Good luck to everyone's favorite teams - as long as your team isn't Duke! ;) :D

- Art
  9. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Go Huskies!!!

Both men and women!!

Hartford TV station WFSB had a viewer poll asking if the UConn teams had a chance of repeating this year. I replied that they were the only teams that did. ;)
  10. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Dangit.... my favorite team is Duke.
    Guess they will have no luck in the tourney... :spit: ;)

Duke All the Way, Baby!!! :hyper: (Well, I hope, at least.)
  11. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I'm not a Huskies fan... but you definitely gotta point there... :)
  12. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
  13. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I picked three of the Final Four teams, but I'm out of the office pool, damned Kentucky! :crying: One guy picked all 4 teams and has UNC to win, another other guy picked all 4 teams and has picked Illinois to be the National Champions. No cash for second or third place, the winner takes all - $410.00! :spit:

Oh well, it's the best I've ever done on a NCAA Tournament card.

Good luck to UNC!!!!

- Art
  14. HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    I always get annoyed about this time. I finish second (first and second payout) in the office pool if UNC wins on Monday night but as usual, I lose to a 10 year old kid who is the son of a co-worker.

Last year I finished fourth, year before that I was second to another 10 year old. I also finished first and second in the office pool for the NBA playoffs last season (bought two sheets). About 15-20 people are involved each time. Those are the only pools I've done since my co-workers are fickle about when they want to do a pool.

Anyways, I hate losing to little kids. Go UNC so I can win some cash. :hyper: