The Ink Before the Song

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by roberthathaway, Mar 10, 2006.

1. roberthathaway

Feb 23, 2006
    This is my first post, I have a question it seems that the song is picked by the group or band and then there is a frantic search by the bass player to find the bass tabliture or the piano part to know what key the song is in or what notes need to be played. If I am the song writer this isn't a problem, but when playing cover tunes or in my case praise and worship, tabliture can be found but good tabliture is difficult. Perhaps this is a dumb question, but are there well known tablitures, accurate to every note or actual bass sheet music so the quality and accuracy of the sheet music is the determining factor of what songs are played. This is like putting the cart before the horse. But it would be great to have the music and the notes and pick the song based on that availability. Can anyone relate to this or is this just the ravings of a lunatic?
  2. Schwaa

Feb 25, 2006
    Well, I've been dling alot of tabs trying to learn songs I like and it is deffinately a hit or miss situation.
    Some are good and thorough, some are bad and very incomplete.

The only sheet music/tabs I've seen for bass are books that cost $15, which is great if you want an entire albums worth of songs from one group, but what if you want 2 songs on 2 records? $30? I had a choice of 2 rage against the machine books at my local shop, unfortunately I bought the one for the CD that was in my stolen CD case (I need to listen to the song as I learn it, too hard to recal it from the last time-maybe years ago- that I heard it).