The insaine cheap 6 strings ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by unrealrocks, Jan 18, 2005.

1. unrealrocks

Jan 8, 2004
  2. well, i can't really help you with the name brand, but the general arule of thumb is that you get what you pay for. there are exceptions. i think that looks like it would be a good bass to just mess around with, if you just want to try a 6 without spending all your money.
  3. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Shine are ok. Theyre an a quality level with Westfield / Vintage / Squire
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The price is certainly attractive!

Those are probably made by Samick in Indonesia or China, but so are lots of other decent beginner instruments.
  5. Mr.Typhus

Sep 14, 2004
  6. unrealrocks

Jan 8, 2004
    Typhus - was it actually playable though? ... basically I'm pritty proficent at playing a 4 string but wanted to have a go with a 6 string but most 6 strings are like £10000000 so I'd rather have a go at a cheap one and if I don't like it I've not lost alot, and if I like it I'll upgrade.

They are similar looking to Harley Benton's arent they, lol.
  7. Mr.Typhus

Sep 14, 2004
    Well... they are good if you want to test 6-stringer before you buy more expensive one :)
  8. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Check out how the Low B and the High C strings are wound backwards, that is hella ghetto, hahahaah.
  9. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Nice catch BassWhore .... I didn't even notice that (d*mn age creeping up on me).....
  10. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Those are made in China. They have some really cool Korean models.
  11. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  12. N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    On ebay UK, your best bet is probably a washburn xb600 - it will be far superior to any of the other offerings for not much extra outlay, I believe that they are around the £250 mark.
  13. unrealrocks

Jan 8, 2004
    Those Brice guitars look pritty good for the money although yeah I'm in the UK so getting hold of one could be interesting (shipping from the US'll be more than the actual guitar, lol).

Washburn is allways a solid choice but doing a quick google on that model threw up close to nothing.
  14. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The neck joint looks just like the one on my Brice, as does the bridge and tuners. I would not be surprised if they were made in the same factory. Servicable, not great, but definitely usable!
  15. BottomFeeder86

Oct 18, 2004
    Maybe you might like the bass im selling Ebay, it's a great bass and super easy to play for a 6 string when compared to others in its $550-$600 (brand new) range. check it out here...

My Peavey Fury IV 6 string ------

I'm selling it, because i honestly bought the 6 string because i wanted to be able to say, "yeah, i've got a 6 string bass..." But i'm come too my senses, and i really dont need it :ninja:

Obviously it's cheaper than the brand new price, but i thought you might be interested..Email me if you want more info, pictures, or anything :)
  16. i tried one out in a shop, seemed ok, especially at £130, definitely playable, although my experience is limited.i say give it a try, although i don't like the headstock much.
  17. unrealrocks

Jan 8, 2004
    Looks nice - would bit if I was in the US, heh ... I'm over the pond in the UK!
  18. Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    look at that horrible HORRIBLE headstock...

*picks up conklin GT7*