The insanity ensues.....again!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacochops, Oct 13, 2005.

1. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Hey TB...
    I have been kicking around getting a 4-94 Lakland with a sonic blue alder body, birdseye board, white pearl guard, etc. The wait is over 6 months for a new Lakland, and since there aren't many around with those specs (surprised? :smug: ), I started to look elsewhere.
    After struggling with this, I traded my beloved Eshenbaugh for a 5 string R Bass singlecut....very nice bass, courtesy of Leo Kishore (a VERY nice and hip dude!). It KILLS!!! But, I am most comfy on a 4, since all of my work consists of reading gigs, so the comfort factor is a must!! Anyway, I traded it to Juan at (now there's a mouthful!) for....drumroll please....

A new 4 string R Bass! 34" scale, mahogany body, passive with Nordstrand Jazz pickups (but I just ordered a J Retro Deluxe in black from Steve barr at the Dude Pit :ninja: :D )
    so, by Tuesday of this week, I'll have my new R bass....
    ...but wait....there's more, you say?

I picked up an E-volution body style Elrick on Ebay last week for the paltry sum of....
    995.00$ :hyper:

So, that's comin' in tomorrow!

I also found out that my Benavente SC style D bolt on 33" scale bass is almost ready, and...

Mark Eshenbaugh's whittlin' away at my 4 string set neck fretless with a pink ivory board!! Should be soon......

If I only had the smarts to post a picture of Mr. Burns wringing his miserable old hands, while saying "Excellent!" :D
  2. I have almost that exact 4-94, except mine has a white pickguard not pearl. I love it :)
  3. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Nice find, that Elrick. Hope you enjoy!
  4. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Here you go Matt...I think this is appropriate...

5. Benavente

Aug 14, 2002

My thoughts exactly :D
  6. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Okay....first gig report with the Elrick and R Bass....
    The Elrick is stupid-punchy! Moreso than most basses I've owned or tried. No EQ at the bass, into my Eden with a little low mid added and the enhance knob all the way down, then post-EQ through the house....BAM!! NO problems being heard in the hall! A VERY unfriendly room to play in, and this got it done in spades!
    The R Bass? Let's just say it's only the second 5 string that's made me reconsider playing strictly 4s! The mahogany body adds a warm, punchy richness on the E and B strings that is SO satisfying to feel as you drop a sub-sonic bomb!! 34" scale, and I don't miss the other inch at all!

Now, I unfortunately have to pack it up tonight, as it's going to it's new home at :crying: 4 string R Bass and new black U-Retro Deluxe will be here Tuesday!!! :hyper: :D :hyper: :D

...damn addiction..... ;)
  7. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    And a good friend of mine has your bass but baby blue.