Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The International Coffee Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by danqi, Dec 13, 2004.

1. danqi

danqi

May 21, 2001
    Germany
    Let us talk coffee!
    Let us share the beauty!
    :cool:

This I drank yesterday:

Attached Files:

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Cappucino for me please.

3. Is this Linda Richman?

I'm all verklempt! I got a lump in my ganektigazoid!

Seriously, I like me some coffe. I like a blend called Jamaican Caramel. I have one just about daily. I guess I'm no purist in that I prefer flavored coffee, but damn, I like coffe.

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Blech! Coffee stunts your growth. Yuck.

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    By the way, did you know that coffee is the second most traded commodity in the world right after oil? Time to invade Columbia, I say!

6. And nuke all our "pharmaceutical" marijuana fields? Never.

7. danqi

danqi

May 21, 2001
    Germany
    If THIS thread gets closed down for political content I don't know how to feel. :rolleyes: :)

8. danqi

danqi

May 21, 2001
    Germany
    Oh, no! No, sir, it's just plain old normal coffee with milk. It's a bad cafe latte imitation with foamy milk, since I only had normal coffee.

No, wait: What is "Linda Richman"?

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Heh. The first "real" job I'll be applying for will be "Coffee Concepts Manager" with the company I already work for part-time. Wish me luck :hyper:

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Do you always photograph your beverages before drinking them? Do you keep a beverage journal?

My favorite bean to buy is the Brazil Santos varietal from Central Market in Austin. Since I live in Waco that doesn't happen too often. Aside from that I buy the Cubita beans from Austin's Ruta Maya which is carried at my local grocery store. Costa Rica's La Minita is also very good when I can find it. I just found out about a little independent coffee/cigar store here in Waco though that I might have to check out. They might have something good.

You know we've had several coffee threads here before.

brad cook

11. danqi

danqi

May 21, 2001
    Germany

Yes.

:) Actually, I took this picture to make a friend of mine envious. He REALLY loves coffee, but did not have any at home yesterday.

12. ...Too much coffee man(the song not the comic strip- although that's cool, too), by Bob Dorough (Conjunction Junction, etc). Also, does anyone find, like me, that the taste often doesn't hold a candle to the smell- unless the smell is less than good, in which case it's many times a perfect match? Wait, I got more- just gonna go get another cup- be right back...

13. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Italian cappucino=only cappucino worth drinking.

While my family was visiting Italy, we stayed at this Bed and Breakfast in Rome. The woman who ran it was very nice and I had a cappucino for breakfast everyday that was better than any I've ever had in the U.S. I'm sure it was some cheap, store-bought instant mix stuff or something that she served us, but still. It was damn fine cappu.

14. I'm drinking a crappy coffee from a machine, right now. :meh:

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I love coffee. I love the smell, I love the look, I love making it, I love drinking it, experimenting with different blends and combinations of sugar/cream/black/milk/soy milk/chocolate...etc.

But

I don't drink it anymore. Because I enjoy it so much it's really easy for me to get hooked on it, and when I am I feel like crap most of the time because I haven't had a cup. So I avoid it. Which is easy enough in boston where it's all fast togo coffee that's generally nothing to write home about. But at home I make all my coffee with a french press, which is, imo, the best way to do it, and the whole process from start to finish is something that I relish.

I'm going to go suck a coffee flavored candy now :oops:

16. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Hey there are fantastic decaf blends available, if you're worried about caffeine addiction.

17. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hey, what's wrong with caffeine addiction? :hyper:

As my friend put it, "I'm not a student anymore. I'm a machine that converts coffee into credits."

18. I totally thought this was a thread about appreciating international coffee.

19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'll have to look into it, I've never really liked decaf much, of what I've had, but I admittedly never had much, because, :bag: the caffeine jolt is another reason why I like coffee.

20. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I had some mighty fine coffee in costa rica a couple years ago.