the internet as an intoxicant

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Mar 19, 2005.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Does the internet divorce you from reality, in the same way that alcohol or drugs might? Discuss.
  2. No, not really. Alcohol and drugs are different imo. Internet is fun , but you shouldn't exaggerate it. I know people who live in a ''cyber world'' and have completely lost touch with reality. You can't talk to this people. :rolleyes:
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I believe it can be addictive, as can TB ;), and sometimes you can live an alternate personality on the internet, but in general id say its different.
  4. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    What is this - Sally Jessy Raphael? Did Donahue come back from retirement...again?
  5. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    hmmm.... I can see people getting too involved with the internet... but I also just view it as a communication medium.
  6. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    This is the best bit.
  7. Sure, the internet may be an escape, or temporary diversion from the drudgery of life in general. But I assure you that a hydrocodone followed by a couple of Cosmopolitans, will completely improve your day.

8. That or kill you. :hyper:
  9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
  10. i think i have a big case of add when it comes down to the internet. one minute i'm promising myself i'll sit down and type, the next hour i'm still surfing with no hopes of leaving from the chair i've plastered myself to
  11. Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio

A hydrocodone? 3-4 is better.