1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Interview with Trip Wamsley...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Steve Lawson, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Here's a heads up for the interview with Trip over on the TB front page - it's well worth reading, if you've not been over there already.

Max Valentino has done a fine job of the article, and Trip might be a mad as a box of frogs, but he's got some very interesting stuff to say!

What's more, his new record is marvellous!

Anyone else got it? I think you can get it via his website - www.tripwamsley.com

cheers!

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I thought the article was excellent. Trip hails from a little town about an hour away from me, but I've been living under a rock and have only recently become hip to the Tripster. Awesome stuff, it is!

:)

3. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Indeed! Thumbs up to the Tripster! :D I've heard cuts of the new record, but I've yet to hear it all. Guess I've gotta get my butt in gear and get a copy.

Trip kicks butt.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Great interview! Great album! Trip has some very hip sh&t going on:bassist: Bassplayer would have done one of those one page artical on a guy like Trip, I think Max did a excellent job! Some very talented guys hanging around here!

5. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

(Elvis voice on)
    "Thank you...thank you very much"
    (Elvis voice off)

Really it was my great pleasure to work up a feature on Trip, who BTW, I think is one of the most talented, and underrated (and under appreciated) bassists around today.
    Not only is he a fantastic player, and a very witty interview, but he wrtes some simply wonderful and beautiful music.

Check out his website...order the CD (let's all show a little support here, folks!)...you will not be disappointed (more than likely you will be like me...incredibly inspired by the guys' music!!)

Max