Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Interview with Trip Wamsley...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Steve Lawson, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Here's a heads up for the interview with Trip over on the TB front page - it's well worth reading, if you've not been over there already.

Max Valentino has done a fine job of the article, and Trip might be a mad as a box of frogs, but he's got some very interesting stuff to say!

What's more, his new record is marvellous!

Anyone else got it? I think you can get it via his website - www.tripwamsley.com

cheers!

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I thought the article was excellent. Trip hails from a little town about an hour away from me, but I've been living under a rock and have only recently become hip to the Tripster. Awesome stuff, it is!

:)

3. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Indeed! Thumbs up to the Tripster! :D I've heard cuts of the new record, but I've yet to hear it all. Guess I've gotta get my butt in gear and get a copy.

Trip kicks butt.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Great interview! Great album! Trip has some very hip sh&t going on:bassist: Bassplayer would have done one of those one page artical on a guy like Trip, I think Max did a excellent job! Some very talented guys hanging around here!

5. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

(Elvis voice on)
    "Thank you...thank you very much"
    (Elvis voice off)

Really it was my great pleasure to work up a feature on Trip, who BTW, I think is one of the most talented, and underrated (and under appreciated) bassists around today.
    Not only is he a fantastic player, and a very witty interview, but he wrtes some simply wonderful and beautiful music.

Check out his website...order the CD (let's all show a little support here, folks!)...you will not be disappointed (more than likely you will be like me...incredibly inspired by the guys' music!!)

Max