1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

the Island of the Dolls. Happy early Halloween

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by XigXag, Sep 22, 2010.

1. XigXag

XigXag

Mar 30, 2010
    Dayton Ohio
    island-of-the-dolls-1.jpg

It is said that over 50 years ago, there was three young girls playing by the canal when one of the little girls accidently drowned.

A man by the name Don Julian Santana was said to have been near the canal when he fished out a doll in the water. And the next day, saw another doll in the water and fished that out too. Convinced that it was a sign from the little girl, he started collecting doll's and placing them all over the island and around the canal. For the last fifty years of his life, Don left the world and his family to live on the island and forever collect the dolls to please and keep company to the young girl who drowned and thought to haunt the island.

Don would get the dolls by going into the local city and finding them in dumps and often trading seeds and fresh produce to the locals in exchange for the dolls.

In 2001, Don was found dead by drowning in that very same canal. It isn't known if it was accidental or if he took his own life. And to this day, people still come to the Island to get produce and leave dolls as an offering to the spirits.

lots more pictures here, and here
    http://travel.spotcoolstuff.com/haunted-creepy-places/mexico/island-of-dolls

http://planetoddity.com/the-island-of-the-dolls-a-dark-tourist-attraction-in-mexico/

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Destination Truth did a segment on this island. It was pretty insane. One of the dolls opened its eyes on cue.

3. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Destination Truth is what gave me my crush on Jael De Pardo.
    Yummy

4. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    exactly. Although she's not on the show anymore. So I haven't been watching it much this season.

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    yeah I know...kinda sucks but she's on that newer "Fact or Faked" show. As a bonus there's also a cute Asian chick on that one. I saw a few episodes and thought it was pretty good. Not great but good. Can't wait for some new episodes.

6. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yeah that show is stacked. Jael and a sexy asian chick. I love that asian chick. The things I would do with her. I can't tell you if the show is good or not. I watch it with the sound off. :ninja:

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I just sit there and imagine a 3-some with them... I would die a happy man