1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Jackson Kelly bass is back...Got a spare $4k??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GobBass, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    It's not. =/

I'll take an Explorer over it.

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I love it. Especially those MM pickups.

Graeme

3. Say what you will. I think it looks awesome. I always felt that Jackson / Charvel necks felt kinda short. THats the only reason I never went for the Kelly. BUt, I love the way it looks.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I typically don't like pointy things, but the Kelly body shape has always appealed to me. IMO if it had a non-reverse headstock, that thing would be pretty sweet!

5. shanmag

shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG that is the coolest looking bass i've ever seen!!

I think it's just soo expensive because its a custom shop bass.. I think you can get any older body shape you want with the custom shop, so I don't think its back

6. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    Thats probably the uglyest bass around , and they are inpossible to play because of that silly body.

7. Really? I've played several and have found them quite comfortable. Not while sitting down, though. I'm not a big fan of the EMGs Jackson normally uses, so I've never owned one. This one intrigues me with the MM's though.

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    It looks well made, but the shape...

9. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    Yeah , well i think you must be able to sit with a bass for practicing , studio work etc.
    But ill guess this is more a "show" bass than a player ..

10. Sweet! That thing is hot!!!!

[​IMG]

11. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    It remind of the Buzzard...i bet its quite comfortable to play stand...but seated is hard to tell.

12. A Jackson and Schecter custom shop bass are high on my list of custom basses from a big manufacturer. And that bass is smokin.

13. That thing is hideous...:bag:

14. actually its easy to play sittin down, the bottom rests comfortably on my leg. standin up, it has neck dive so bad you best not let your hand off of it.

15. Beautiful cosmetically speaking, but I wonder about ergonomics...nice colors though.

16. I agree there, the Kelly basses were the only pointy ones ive ever liked aswell!

17. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    +1

I don't think it's "back", I think someone just ordered one.

This one looks ok in white. They got the headstock right but the fretboard and pickups wrong. It needs an ebony board with fins, a reverse P + X2N-B at the bridge, and a Kahler trem. THEN it would be a Kelly. :bassist:

18. well considering i said it was back eight months ago,cut me some slack.thanks for recovering it from the archives.:D :D

19. mine is a pj with duncan designed pups. the tuners are on top of the headstock. of course the color is black.