"The Jazz Bass Book" by Goldsby - CD damaged HELP plz

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chingachgook, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Chingachgook

Chingachgook Guest

Aug 13, 2003
    Aloha

I`ve a big problem ...

Today "The Jazz Bass Book" by John Goldsby arrived and to begin with, i leafed to the book and was fascinated ...

BUT THEN i wanted to have a closer look to the accompanying CD in a thick plastic film. I was so keen and agitated, that i damaged the CD with a fine scratch above the CD due to a knife ... This accident i noticed only just, because my CD-rom AND my CD-Player didn`t play the CD ... I come from Germany and i cant exchange the book, because it was my fault.

Maybe someone here has the same book and can digitalize the CD on his/her computer, so i can receive the CD by download -> ICQ, E-Mail, FTP whatever

Because then i dont have to buy ANOTHER book, but start to work through my own.

I would be very thankful

Robbie
    ICQ 109216867

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hey pal, you're the luckiest bassplayer in the world. :D

I live in Cologne...and I have the book...and a working CD.

Give me a call

Jörg

3. cool guys. I have the book too, and haven't really started looking at it, but it looks to be a great book to study jazz! I just moved, it's in a box somewhere!:meh:

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Is that cool, or what? This place rawks!:D

5. I have to give another thumbs-up for the book. lots of history and technique all in one book.

6. John Goldsby

John Goldsby Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Bassist @ WDR Big Band Cologne, Regular Contributor to Bass Player Magazine
    Hi Gentlemen,

Let me know if you still need to replace your damaged CD for the "Jazz Bass Book." I live in Cologne as well (small world) and I'll be happy to replace your copy.

Keep Swingin' and all the best,

John Goldsby

john@goldsby.de

7. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Now THAT'S a lucky break! Get it from the man himself! I loves me some TalkBass!!! :D

8. how many % of the book is useful to the electric bassist?

9. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Virtually all of it. A very good book. Lots of material to work on.

10. From the first look at it, I thought its 50% technique and 50% history, and I thought the technique is for the upright!

Will check it out soon. :bassist: