"The Jazz Bass Book" by Goldsby - CD damaged HELP plz

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chingachgook, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Chingachgook

Chingachgook Guest

Aug 13, 2003

I`ve a big problem ...

Today "The Jazz Bass Book" by John Goldsby arrived and to begin with, i leafed to the book and was fascinated ...

BUT THEN i wanted to have a closer look to the accompanying CD in a thick plastic film. I was so keen and agitated, that i damaged the CD with a fine scratch above the CD due to a knife ... This accident i noticed only just, because my CD-rom AND my CD-Player didn`t play the CD ... I come from Germany and i cant exchange the book, because it was my fault.

Maybe someone here has the same book and can digitalize the CD on his/her computer, so i can receive the CD by download -> ICQ, E-Mail, FTP whatever

Because then i dont have to buy ANOTHER book, but start to work through my own.

I would be very thankful

ICQ 109216867
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hey pal, you're the luckiest bassplayer in the world. :D

I live in Cologne...and I have the book...and a working CD.

Give me a call

3. cool guys. I have the book too, and haven't really started looking at it, but it looks to be a great book to study jazz! I just moved, it's in a box somewhere!:meh:
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Is that cool, or what? This place rawks!:D
  5. I have to give another thumbs-up for the book. lots of history and technique all in one book.
  6. John Goldsby

John Goldsby Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Bassist @ WDR Big Band Cologne, Regular Contributor to Bass Player Magazine
    Hi Gentlemen,

Let me know if you still need to replace your damaged CD for the "Jazz Bass Book." I live in Cologne as well (small world) and I'll be happy to replace your copy.

Keep Swingin' and all the best,

John Goldsby

7. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Now THAT'S a lucky break! Get it from the man himself! I loves me some TalkBass!!! :D
  8. how many % of the book is useful to the electric bassist?
  9. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Virtually all of it. A very good book. Lots of material to work on.
  10. From the first look at it, I thought its 50% technique and 50% history, and I thought the technique is for the upright!

Will check it out soon. :bassist: