The Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shaunathan32, Aug 8, 2004.

1. shaunathan32

Jan 18, 2004
    Im looking to get a new bass and I really like jazz basses. I dont own any but ive heard some in conert and have decided I want to get one. I tried a geddy lee signature fender jazz and I loved how it played. I didnt really get to try it through an amp though, but ive heard what the pickups sound like on another jazz and I like them a lot. Has anyone tried this jazz bass and can tell me about it? Any other basses? In case your interested i play rock music like punk and heavy rock and a little ska.
  2. Jazz basses are extremely versatile basses. I play one as my main axe and tons of others on this board have them. Jazzes are made by lots of companies, but the main one that springs to mind is Fender. If you can pick up a Geddy Lee jazz, you will not regret it. They can suit nearly any form of music and have a very sweet tone. Picking the jazz you want depends on your price range and personal tastes. Boutique builders make "jazz basses" in that they have 2 j pickups, but they don't sound exactly like Fenders, while other builders like Sadowsky make jazzes that sound more traditional and Fenderish. You can't go wrong with a Fender Jazz, such as a Standard or Geddy Lee or something. MIA's are great too, American Deluxes being active and even more versatile. Search the forums for more info, because there are tons of jazzes by different companies and builders with unique feels and sounds.
  3. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I love my Geddy Lee. I played it for hours today after not seeing it for 6 weeks, and it was good