1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"The Jerk" and GAS...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Buskman, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA

Kinda reminds me of how us bass players deal with wanting/needing new gear, dontcha think?

:D

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I can't see the vid clip at work, but does it have something to do with finding his "special purpose"? :D

3. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    LOL - that's another great scene (of many), but this is the "All I need" scene.

Leave it to Steve Martin to put GAS into perspective! :smug:

4. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    if i ever find a lucky thermos, i'll definitely trade my rig for it.

5. Lololol Pretty much...

I dont need ANY of this!!... just this... ashtray.. paddle... remote control....lamp... I don't need this! I NEED THIS!!...

:bag:

And this..That's all I need...

6. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Yup - Just switch those items with: piezo equipped eight string... boutique fuzz pedal... short scale chambered singlecut with spalted top... LOL!!! :D :D :D

(Not that there's anything wrong with any of those items, BTW!)

7. Not a thing wrong with any of them at all!

xD Oh I love that movie....

8. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Ah yes, good stuff! :D

9. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    that is the greatest movie of all time.

10. yeah i dont need need anything

11. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    I am *so* in that mode right now. Recently I announced (on TB and to my wife) that I don't need any more amps for the foreseeable future. But I never said anything about basses so I bought a bass during GC's Labor Day sale. So now I have 3 basses and I announced to the wife that I don't need any more basses for a good while now (you see how I hedge though, right). So that's when I started buying pedals. In the last three weeks I've bought 4 pedals or other floor-type accessories, for a total of 5. A couple of days ago, with the acquisition of a *good* DI box (not that piece o' carp I got a while back), I have decided that I really don't need any more effects, pedals, or any type of box for the time being.

What's next? Strings?

--Bomb :bassist:

12. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    LOL - I hear you. It affects TB'ers & "Jerks" alike! :)