The John Entwistle Band DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Folmeister, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I just got through watching this really great DVD. It's a live recording of Entwistle's band with commentary by his drummer, musical director, and close friend. It also includes the text of his eulogy. The live show is great! His amp stack is huge and so is his tone. You get good closeups of John doing his thing as only he did it. I highly recommend it to the community!
  2. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Thanks for the quick review. I was just "eyeballing" this DVD at a local Tower store and elected not to purchase it until hearing some comments first. I think I'll buy it now.
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I was a bit iffy about this as well.

I'm still probably going to buy the King Crimson DVD first.
  4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I have it and like it as well. I'm a huge Entwistle nut, so it's a given that I like it as much as I do. :hyper:
  5. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Anyone tell me where this DVD can be found for purchase? I don't have a Tower store near me...
  6. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
  7. i just picked up the CD The John Entwistle Band- left for live for £1 (in the basement of Compact Discounts, Clapham Junction).
    haven't listened to all of it yet, but there's a great version of "The Real me".

very fizzy, electronic-sounding bass tone though.
  8. It's a great dvd, verdict's still out on John's tone though.

Highlights include John's 'old man' huffing and puffing during the tapping solo and announcing his fag break over the PA. :D

Unnecessary keyboards too, and why did they do Had enough? Horrible!
  9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Hahaha, some people talk different than me. :D