1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Journey Has Finally Ended...(NBD)[Bad cell phone pics]{Spector Content}

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OkkultistBass, May 22, 2011.

1. I traded my two MiM Fender P-Basses and got this baby.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spector ReBop 5! :hyper:

2. Slappin'Da Bass

Slappin'Da Bass

Feb 5, 2010
    Killer 5!

3. I wish I could find the model, I don't know anything about this bass, I can't even find the volume knob.

4. It's an early Spector ReBop 5; alder body, maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. Great basses right out of the box but with active EMGs you can turn it into an absolute monster.

5. My guitarist actually recommended this.
    But the preamp confuses the hell out of me, the seller said it's an Aguilar.

6. I think he's right. The newer ReBops have the Spector Tonepump but the older ones have the Aguilar OBP-1 which is 2-band boost only with two volumes (just like the Tonepump). I had one just like yours but with 4 strings. Not sure what changes you'd have to make to go with the active EMGs though.

7. Because I have no idea what the configuration is, and the seller didn't either. I have to turn down practically all four knobs just to get it quiet.

8. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Nice upgrade. Nice nat finish to. Enjoy.

9. LimaGuy

LimaGuy The Godfather Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2011
    NY
    I have an older Spector Euro. Based on the configuration on mine. It may be the same on yours. See photo attached.
    Pardon my spelling but I think you get the idea.

Attached Files:

10. It seems more like.
    Treble - Treble
    Bass - Bass
    And when I turn down the top two knobs, it turns down the volume. I'm incredibly confused, haha.

11. LimaGuy

LimaGuy The Godfather Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2011
    NY
    I also have a newer Spector where the 2 top knobs are the volume for the top pick up and volume for the bottom pickup.

Either case the 2 bottom knobs have to be the bass and treble.

See below
    What is the ser# on the back of the headstock starts with NB

Attached Files:

12. I think you're right on that chart.
    And it's NB2795.