Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Joy of Music.....

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Fo' Shizzle, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    I just felt like I needed to share this with you guys. It's a testament to the renewing power of playing music.

I've just got a new project off the ground. It includes myself, my cousin John (drums), and Tony (guitars). John went to college on a jazz band scholarship. He's a very gifted player. He's one of those guys that no matter what he plays..... rock, reggae, whatever, it swings like crazy.
    Tony has been playing all kinds of different styles for 25+ years. He's a very tasteful player. He has a very good ear for what a song needs. And he can do it all. Shred, chordal stuff, just a great player.

We rehearsed for the first time last night, I was so pumped up I couldn't sleep!! It sounded exactly like I hoped it would. Several times during the evening I was almost overwhelmed by the sense of well-being that comes from playing with top-tier players. It just can't be duplicated. The way good players listen to each other and feed off each other. Nothing like it....

Anyway, we're getting together again this weekend to write some stuff. I am a happy bass playing human!! :)

2. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    thats cool bro. me and my potential band are getting together to jam tommorow. hopefully it goes as well as yours (which it prob wont)