The Kids Are Alright DVD

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hitman9696, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Hey there everyone,

Is anyone else here impatiently waiting for this DVD to come out at the end of the month (Sep. 30th)? Man, I've waited so long for this. And now, with all the extra, including a special John Entwisle bass track, I think it's going to rock!!
  2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

As long as they leave "A Quick One" uncut. The movie version is complete, but in the VHS version it's chopped up.

I wish these "producers" would quit messing with everything.

In a normal world I'd be anxious for this release as well, now I'm just nervous they'll cut something else out of the movie.
  3. misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I've got this one preordered and can't wait. Widescreen director's cut, remastered sound, enhanced video, multiple camera angles (Ox Cam!), and the Entwistle isolated audio track. Nice!

DVD Features:
    * Commentary by Jeff Stein
    * Restored to the original "Director’s Cut" length of 109 minutes.
    * Almost 100 minutes of never-before-seen multi-camera angle footage.
    * Completely re-mastered in Hi-Definition and 5.1 surround from the original film elements and multi-tracks.
    * Packed with a 32 page collectable booklet and a second disc full of extras, interviews and never before seen footage.
    * Roger Daltrey - An incredible new on-camera interview from this living legend.
    * Multi Camera Angles - An extremely rare feature that is almost 100 minutes and featuring as many as 6 angles including a Pete cam, a Roger cam, a Moonie cam and an Ox cam.
    * Making of the DVD - 40 minute feature offering an in-depth look at how the film was restored.
    * Audio Comparison - This 8 minute feature provides a direct side-by-side comparison of the before and after audio.
    * Video Comparison - This 6 minute feature provides a direct side-by-side comparison of the before and after so people can see what they’ve been missing all these 24 years!
    * The Ox - A very special audio feature allowing the user to select an isolated audio track of legendary bassist John Entwistle.
    * The Who's London - An interactive feature offering the viewer a video tour of Who landmarks.
    * Trivia Games - Questions to test your knowledge with a prize of a newly mixed 5.1 rendering of the album version of “Who Are You” playing a video light/slide show and a long lost recording of Ringo Starr.
    * English Subtitles - Figuring out the lyrics the band is singing is one thing, but deciphering what they say while screaming over each other is whole other puzzle.
    * Widescreen anamorphic format
    * Number of discs: 2
  4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Now I'm getting hopeful. Damn!:D