1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The "kids"...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bound'n'blocked, May 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I've been working on this project for a few weeks off and on when I had the time. The Wife has been on me to "do something with all that gear". I tend to keep a few handy by the door for when I have to go gig or practice. I've never had any place to keep them all out at once either. I had wanted to do this for a long time but figured it was too expensive. It wasn't too bad with what I ended up using.

Anyway, I have finally been able to get a picture of all my babies at once. ( Well, almost all, there's a couple of guitars and a couple of parts basses in various stages of completion still laying around... )

Here they are...
    IMG_20180514_224006347.
    from L-R...
    Carvin TL60, Fenderbird, 89 Carvin LB75, Carvin B5, Carvin B50 kit, Squier parts J with P neck, Squier VMP5.

IMG_20180514_224011992.
    L-R... Partscaster #1, Partscaster #2, Epiphone Les Paul.

IMG_20180514_224237356.
    Carvin Bolt Plus with Fishman piezo bridge.

IMG_20180514_224313098.
    '97 Gibson Les Paul DC Studio.

BnB

JeffC23, REMBO, basspraiser and 23 others like this.
  2. SJan3

SJan3

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    I hope they make you happy.

bound'n'blocked likes this.
  3. Last edited: May 14, 2018
  4. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner

Jun 30, 2017
    Chicago
    I think it’s very cool when other people hang their guitars on walls. Personally, I’ll never do it because I don’t want my tone pots to get dusty / scratchy and have to clean them. A guitar on the wall is just something else I don’t want to clean. I don’t baby my gear but I prefer my instruments to be safe and clean in their cases. Gravity usually always wins, eventually...

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Nice!

Hey who did the racing stripes on the Fenderbird?

6. That was my original plan, but I couldnt do it that cheap. I ended up with about that much in what I used, which was the Kobalt slat wall stuff from Lowes.

My 16 year old son did that one. He did the sanding, priming and the masking and color. I fixed a couple of overspray issues and did the clear coat, but he did the rest. He even did the soldering on the electronics. He's a car buff and based that bass on the Ford GT.

BnB

7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Wow! That looks great! You guys did a great job. And a father and son bass???? Too cool.

8. I have so many parts basses/guitars that I dont have a case for each one anyway. As far as gravity, the slats are all held up by a screw in a stud. I dont trust anchors. If I cant put a screw in a stud, I wont hang something there. I was worried for about three weeks I would come in and find them in the floor but so far so good. I guess I'm good.

BnB

2tonic, Moody Tuner and Spidey2112 like this.
  9. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Right on

10. you have to catch them when they are having a sale...

11. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

looks great! :thumbsup:

12. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I love hanging my basses on the wall. I have a room where all my basses are hanging from Hercules wall hangers and have my amp stack next to them. Makes it so much easier to get them and play and practice regularly. Also it allows me to admire the beautiful wall art I have rather than them be in their cases hid away.

Spidey2112 and bound'n'blocked like this.
  13. That poor little green guy. It's like dorothy stole him from the lollipop guild. Great collection though.

14. Skokiaan

Skokiaan

Jun 19, 2004
    New Jersey
    Here's how I hung my stuff, also with the DiamondLife hardware.

23132105_10155705939803432_1422153247828687078_n. 23131688_10155705939798432_1387827570283480851_n.

15. Some very nice craftsmanship and instrument collections!

16. MoeTown1986

MoeTown1986 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2010
    SoMD (Mechanicsville)
    Very nice! I have mine hung up 360 degrees around my music room. Actually took all my basses (minus my thunderchief) down yesterday for a family photo! fender fam1. *Guitars not pictured*

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  17. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    First thing I thought of was a Shelby... both of you, great job!

18. I felt the same. I have some nice instruments and really like to see them from time to time, but I'm not likely to get some out and put others away to see different ones. This way, I can enjoy them all. I'm more likely to play some of them now too that dont get played much. The Carvin BK50 actually hasnt been out of it's case in years. I'll probably get some time with it now!

There are some really nice looking collections here. And collections of memorabilia too!

BnB

campbems likes this.
  19. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    You could put nice little hand-knitted "dust cosies" on all the tone knobs ! (now there's a cottage industry in the making...) :)

The-Knights-Who-Say-Ni-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-591175_1008_566.

20. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    We are the Knights, who have a NEEd, NEEd, NEEd...

mikewalker likes this.