The kind of woman you want to marry.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Alan Vorse, Sep 17, 2005.

1. My girlfriend moved in with me this summer. It's going well. Last night after we came home from dinner, she was in the bedroom on the computer and I was practicing in the living room. I started messing around with "Birdland", and she came out of the bedroom, got her trumpet out of the other room (she hasn't played much since high school) and started playing all the melodies from the song while I played the bass parts (obviously).
    We didn't even say anything about it, we just kept smiling the whole time. :hyper:
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    SCORE! :bassist:

congrats, sounds like a cool moment
  3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

...what's wrong with you, you too broke to buy the ring dude?

4. ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    She's a keeper dude! A great moment there.
  5. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I went to the Therion concert last night with my girlfriend. She got a lot of looks at the show: 5'1", 100 lbs, wearing one of her best EGL costumes, but she was right up front with me, throwing up the horns and headbanging like crazy. She was even singing along to "To Mega Therion" and "Black Funeral".

That's my kind of woman :)
  6. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    Setup and repair/KRUTZ Strings
    I took my wife to the local guitar store and within 5 minutes she was in the buying mood. "Today and today only you can have any bass in the store. Do you like that MIA Jazz?" Knowing that we could not afford it, I didn't take the bait. But what a woman!!!!!!!
  7. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    My wife bought me some cabs (Aggie and Eden)....member' Gard? :D
  8. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I already found mine 20 yrs ago.
  9. My current girlfriend is a classically trained singer. Stunning and has an absolutely fantastic voice. Hope things go well, and we are still together after this final year of uni coming up.
  10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

Yeah...she gotta cute single sister that's willing to relocate to North Carolina???? :D

(Hope all is continuing to improve with you bro!)
  11. My ex-girlfriend(who I married 11+ yrs ago)is not a musician, but we saw the Chili Peppers & Primus when they were unknown. She also talked me into going 7 string on my next fretless, & told me my latest fretless- a used Dean Edge 4- sounds nice. I think I'll keep her.
  12. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

The girl I've just started "seeing" (it's not official yet, but it looks like it might end up!) plays guitar... not great, but she's well into playing. I'd love her to play along with me if I was jamming... though I've only seen her once so far! Spent hours and hours chatting on the 'net and over txt though...

Not to mention, she's bloody gorgeous, and she thinks everything I do is hot, including what I look like ;) Early days yet though! Been 2 years since my last woman...
  13. lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    yeah it's been like a year exactly for me, got together with my last gf on her birthday broke up four months later, stayed friends tho... this year on her birthday again she walks by with this other chick that im into, sort of bumps this chick into me "accidentally" and bang i've got myself a new missus :)

she's so cool aswell on the drive home that night we start chatting, takling about music then before I tell her what I listen to she start running off names like, Pantera, Metallica and even Children of Bodom!!!

God, I think I wanna marry this chick.

Oh yeah, shes hot too. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  14. Dream Works

Dream Works

Dec 5, 2003
    How about the man you want to marry? I'm sure there are female bassists and maybe a few homosexual ones. o.o
  15. girl i would love to get with; started jamming around with a bass line i picked off of ear from that Shall We Dance album, messing around as only i can, she starts to dancing to the groove with a giant smile on her face. i think i can speak on behalf of nearly all bassists hear when i say there is no feeling like getting one to groove to your bass line. :D
  16. Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    That is the type of woman I'd want to marry. You nailed it dude. I would like to meet someone that connects with my writing, music, and god forbid, my PC game addictions. If not all, one of them would suffice.
  17. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    You guys, I tell ya, looks like you have found yourselves some real keepers,,,,,,hey, take my advice if you want, DONT SCREW IT UP, women like that are hard to come by, I am so happy for you guys, love her and respect her always! just some advice from a 44 year old dude whos been there and screwed things up. Trust me, you wont be sorry :cool:
  18. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

Well... she's in to a lot of the same music I'm in to (and the music I play), she loves going to gigs, loves snowboarding (I board myself) and LOADS of the things I'm in to... she's a red head too, which makes me CRAZY ;)

She's back at uni today, so we'll see where it goes from here... hope she stays around though! Really, really like her ;)
  19. god damn, bass players must be some of the luckiest people in the world at times.
  20. I wonder by reading this would give me the courage to ask my drummer who is a blonde although shes no sheila E butt man I can't complain with her timekeeping :D