The king is dead.. hail to the king..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AllodoX, Oct 6, 2002.

1. News is just out..

Prince Claus ( the guy who was married to the Dutch queen Beatrix ) just died..
  2. i didn't know you guys even had royalty.
  3. I thought this was about Elvis.. my bad.... :p

4. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Are you and your bandmates going to go to memphis and sing over his grave?:p
  5. Hell yeah..

Next up in the queue is Prince Willem-Alexander, who married his bride, Princess Maxima ( she's from argentina.. pretty hot chick for her age ! :D )

I'm sure he will become the King pretty soon..
  6. Oh do shut up. lol Although i reckon my avatar is the most subtly talked about lately. Every few threads someone puts a line at the bottom reffering to it.

Hmm and they thought Peter was smug. lol!

7. And the part that reallly s**ks, we don't get a day off whe the funeral is being helt..:(
  8. yep.. that's only the case if the queen herself dies.

alltho the flag will go down a notch on the pole, and there will be no church-bells until he's 6-feet under..
  9. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    I think it's cool that a member of your royal family is named after a Nissan:D
  10. Now was he the King, or was he the Crown Prince? Big difference there.

Rock on
  11. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    He was neither - he was the (German-born) husband of Queen Beatrix.
  12. Okay, so he was Consort. Got it.

Rock on
  13. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    So when the king dies does the next in line get to yell King me!?
  14. Ya just HAD to mention that, didn't ya, German?

I've never liked the Dutch Royalty. This country is just a republic with a obligatory royalty. Now those were the word of the late prince Claus. He said a lot of those things. He was a very intelligent man.
  15. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Notice that I wrote German-born, not German?

I'm in NO WAY patriotic, but I feel it's kind of important here, since one of Claus' greatest achievements was that he got accepted by the public and thus contributed to the improvement of the relationship between both countries.
  16. yeah but they did get a LOT of crap at their wedding, because claus had been a member of some nazi-youth group in his young days..
  17. Sorry, JMX, I shoud've added a " ;) "

And you're right, the Beatrix and Claus marriage did improve the after-war relations between our countries.
  18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I thought that too, and I was going to post that but I didn't know how that would go over.
  19. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Don't worry - I figured that.

I just wanted to clarify it for everybody else.