The korg ampworks

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bill_emo, Oct 28, 2003.

1. bill_emo

Apr 2, 2003
    Korg is offering an new amp modler called the Ampworks bass, its pretty much a stipped down version of the pandora, it also has a footswitcher, is about half a pound and fits in the palm of your hand, looks pretty good for live and recording. Any comments?
  2. Duke of Prunes

Duke of Prunes Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Southborough, MA
    Certainly looks cool. If it's any good for home recording, I may have to give it a try.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It sounds great, just like the Pandora PX-4B.
    0 dB output so you can use it as a stand alone preamp too.
  4. notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    i didnt really like my pandora because of the lack of footswitch. this looks like something i would love tho.

edit: i just looked at the demo video and that thing looks and sounds nothing short of amazing
  5. This little gadget looks the business. I've no real interest in modelling or effects but I've a serious interest in a decent preamp (+ mild compression) that's small and can be used with consumate ease for private rehersal. I'm seriously tempted to buy for those aspects alone.

I watched the video (+ sound clips) from the Korg site and the range of sounds is certainly impressive enough - even for a 'clean sound' player like me!!

Although I've not seen or heard the Ampworks Bass in the flesh, I reckon this piece of equipment could be a real winner for Korg, and could provide me with the preamp I've been looking long as it's possible to select a clean amp / cab combination then tinker with the tone pots from there on.

I'll give it a whizz when I get to a dealer.

6. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    any news?

further comments?

this could be a great late night practicing tool.
  7. deftim69

Jun 11, 2003
    Had it for two weeks.Just returned it. Very bland on the sound side.The bass pod is alot better. Try if you want to try it out. Free 2 day shipping and a 60 day return policy.