Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Krispy Kreme Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by paniak17, Jul 17, 2004.

1. This thread was inspired by just a few moments ago...

I went to get something to eat as usual, and I saw a lushious(sp?) box of Krispy Kremes...*drooling* I had to have one, or two, or.. well anyway I got one, then went back to the computer to go back on msn and talkbass, and then I noticed that i had eaten the krispy Kreme before I even sat down... sooo.....delicious.....

Post your comments about krispies!

O yeah I almost forgot... :bassist:

Damn Straight thats cool.

2. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Krispy Kreme donuts are awesome.

The original glazed is the best; I can eat them by the boxloads. I like the way their stores are set up so you can see the entire cooking process as you wait in line. It makes it so much more tempting. :oops:

3. As long as they are under an hour old, they are the best donuts ever.

Nothing like eating one that is 45 seconds fresh.

4. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I loved getting the fresh ones hot off the line, but my favorite is the cinnamon bun version. If I could only get THOSE hot off the line....whoooooooo-wheee! :D

5. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I certainly appreciate them, but my waistline does not. Couunt me in as a fan of the glazed - warm and fresh from the KK shop.

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Dunkin Donuts 0wnz :bassist:

7. Krispy Kremes is the reason I bleed sugar. :D

8. I'm going to come out and admit that i had my first krispy kreme doughnuts today ever. I was at the orlando international airport waiting for my flight back to massachusetts and i was curious...i think i'm hooked...dunk'n donuts ain't got nothin on krispy kreme

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah Dunkin' Donuts don't hold a candle but their coffee rules. However, I'd take a hot Shipley's glazed over a hot KK glazed any day of the week. Shipley's is mostly a Texas chain I think.

brad cook

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    ditto.

I don't really eat donuts anyway, but if I did Adam's donuts (small local place)would be king. Other than that it's Dunkin Donuts.

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Move south traitor. :eek: ;)

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Do not tempt me. I dunno what they call them, but they're the ones with the chocolate frosting and cream/frosing/icing filling.

Chilled (in the fridge, for several hours) man... oh man.

13. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Thats my favorite too. I don't really like them in the fridge for a couple hours though. Room temperature or hotter is perfect. Bah, now I must go get KK donuts.

14. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    krispy kreme smokes dunkin donuts. of course i live in a place where there is a DD on just about every corner....and no krispy kremes to be found. thank god they have them in my nearest supermarket i dont know waht id do.

sometimes i have no choice and i have to put extra kk's in the fridge. i just pop a cold one in the microwave for about 10 seconds and its nice and hot when it comes out.

come to think of it....i dont think ive ever had a an actual donut at DD. all i get there is coffee.

15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    [​IMG]

I put the Kreme in Krispy Kreme. ;)

I think what Brendan is talking about is Boston Cream.

16. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Krispy Kreme? Never had one.

TIM HORTONS OWN YOU.

17. bluntman_bass

bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    mmmmmmmmmm... donuts

simpsons rock and so do krispy kremes

18. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    YES! Tims has awesome, awesome donuts.

Never had a KK, my brother LOVES them...and he loves Tim Hortons boston creams.

19. And people wonder why the USA has the most overweight population.

Bassis

20. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    On the off topic:

[​IMG]