The Kustom Groove Bass Rocks!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hammer2748, May 22, 2005.

1. hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    Well, it's been a couple weeks now and between rehearsals and the stage, I gotta say, the Kustom Groove Bass 1200 amp really gets it done. Tons of tone with clarity, thundering, smooth lows and crisp highs. The word from the mates on stage is that not only did they hear EVERYTHING I played, but also set beautifully in the mix. Just really good tone.

A week ago Saturday we were in a difficult room acoustically, and I had my DI through a box direct to the board with the Kustom on the backline only. The low and mid FOH tone was awful. I couldn't get anything that really sounded good. I figured as the acoustics in this place were going to be horrible until some bodies got in there so I'd just ride it out. That wasn't sitting really well with me, so 1st, we disabled the EQ on the board, big difference. It was just adding too much in the low and middle. I took one last shot and routed the DI from the back of the Kustom, post EQ.....voila! That tamed the room. Once the room filled up it just got better. We felt with the graphic enabled at the board, there was an out-of-phase issue going on just heard it on certain notes. This move really cleaned it up. Then using the graphic on the Kustom really cleaned up my signal. We ended up having a great night. Performance was great and I was happier with my tone than I had been in years!

Summation: great bang for the buck and them some. However, I did think that the wattage rating is a little inflated. No matter to me though as my application will never need all of it. With this thing, I'll always have plenty of headroom, good clean tone. Definitely a keeper.