The Ladykillers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Anyone else want to see this?

I guess the plot is, this sweet old lady lives in a house down the street from the bank, and Tom Hanks' character wants to rob that bank.

So they pose as jazz musicians or something, and rent the lady's basement so they can tunnel to the bank.

But she becomes a thorn in their side, always walking in on them and stuff, making them go to church...

Blah blah.

It looks really funny to me.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I have dug past Coen brothers flicks, I'm sure this one will be equally enjoyable.
  3. This is actually a remake of an older movie, and I am interested to see Hanks' character, and how well he portrays the southern professor.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Why do they have to remake this one?

The original is a perfect classic.

Peter Sellers and Alec Guinness vs. Tom Hanks?

I guess we know who will win this one. At least I do.
  5. Yeah, the original Ealing one is a true dark comedy classic. That said, Coen brothers´ movies are always interesting and if anybody can pull this remake off, it´s them. I trust they aren´t going to copy the original but will try to make a whole new movie, which is the only right way to do a remake IMO (I still get sick when I think of Van Sant´s "Psycho" :spit: ).

I have yet to see a bad Coen bros. movie and I´ve seen them all. I was a little disappointed in last year´s "Intolerable Cruelty". Perhaps my worship of godess Catherine made me expect too much. Also, I don´t think Clooney is cut to be an comedy actor, he´s no Cary Grant. I do love that "cool gentleman scoundrel" schtick he does in Soderbergh movies("Out of sight", "Ocean´s Eleven").

"Man Who Wasn´t There" wasn´t one of Coen´s best either, although beautifully made. But even their weakest works blow away 99% of your standard Hollywood stuff.
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

That snicker-guffaw-laugh Tom Hanks is doing in the teasers reminds me of an old Bass Playing friend from another era of my life. He Laughed & snickered just like that, he never brushed his teeth either...ugh!
  7. i cant wait to see this one!

i think today im goin to check out "Secret Window"... should be interesting
  8. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    This movie looks really funny, at least in the preview... plus, I always thought Tom Hanks was a good actor. :)
  9. AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Hmm, if there's a movie I'm looking forward to, it's either this one or HellBoy. That movie looks pretty sweet.
  10. As has been said already, check out the original. A true classic!!

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    not to change the topic - :D - but nice to see damn the machine getting some air time, jmx. i really liked that album, spin it a lot.