Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Last / Joe Nolte

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Rex Reason, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Rex Reason

Rex Reason

Nov 30, 2001
    Hey Watt,

I thought you might find the following interesting. It was posted by Joe Nolte of the Last on ALL's message board (www.allcentral.com).

"Subject: Watt doing The Last
    Name: Joe Nolte
    Date: 17-Jan-02
    Message: Independent sources tell me Mike Watt has been covering my song "She Don't Know Why I'm Here". I want to hear it. I have been semi-retired for a few years. Last time I did that was in the mid-80's. At a dive in Hollywood in late '85 I ran into Dennis Boone, who asked "when are the Last gonna play again?" - almost an accusatory thing. Last time I ever talked to D. Anyway, too many people are dying, so I figure those of us who aren't have a sort of duty to make such music as we can, and therefore The Last play Brennan's in Marina Del Rey on Feb 22, and much more to come. If you hate us, you should probably not bother. Otherwise, we'll get there. Joe Nolte The Last P.S. Hi bill. and the rest of youz "

2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

wow, this is great! I'm gonna try to go to this gig. what's joe's email address? me and d. boon both dug this band a lot and saw them in the late 70s. I in fact do that tune he talks about, "she don't know why I'm here" w/the jom & terry show - did it last tour. happenig that joe's gonna start playing again.

on bass, watt

3. Rex Reason

Rex Reason

Nov 30, 2001