Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The last of the Steve Harris basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MatW, May 21, 2003.

1. MatW

MatW

May 10, 2000
    UK, Swindon
    Hi guys,

Thought I'd share pics of my Steve Harris bass, which I bought a month or so ago. I was beginning to think that I'd missed the boat and then I found one for sale on a German web site so I snapped it up.

I liked the bass's specs: maple board, QP pickup, BadAss, West Ham colors, etc. and the bass has really impressed me. I've decided to make this my thumper so I slapped on a set of flatwounds over the weekend. I'm finding it quite rewarding swapping basses. After a week of playing on the P bass, my Jazz feels very slinky indeed. I think having a few different basses gives you a bit more perspective.

My SH has an unusual quality though, notes (particularly in the high register) start at a moderate volume, then the note swells slightly before decaying??? It's a little bit like mwah, very strange indeed but pleasing to the ear. Anyone else experienced that?

Enough yak, here are some pics:

[​IMG]

2. MatW

MatW

May 10, 2000
    UK, Swindon
    another...

[​IMG]

3. MatW

MatW

May 10, 2000
    UK, Swindon