the last words i wanted to hear...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FLOYDtheBARBER, Jan 26, 2003.

1. "but we can never be any more then that"
    i talked to the girl i obcess over on thursday night for several hours, and she told me that she loves me. that i make her feel safe and secure, that she wants to be my friend for the rest of her life, that she can always talk to me about anything and that i'm her best friend.
    "but we can never be any more than that"
    i kinda knew this was coming, but being made to face it was horrible. i started bawling right then and there. i almost threw up. i hadn't let myself think about it really until today. i've just been crying and trying to escape from the sadness all weekend. turns out i can't smoke my problems away.
    obviously this isn't really the place for this, but i'm venting. argh. sorry all; i'm just really upset and angry at myself right now.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I got that too recently, but It wasn't a "we can NEVER be that way" it was more like "right now thats not what I'm looking for[thanks for asking though'"
    I feel fine...You will too... I command it! its tough these things but you'll bounce back, go find yourself a sexy mama to take the edge of and get you back on track!
  3. the sexy mama i'm interested in besides the girl discussed above DID THE SAME THING!:( :mad:
    meh...oh well.
    thanks for the support bro. you are :cool:
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    no problem...I'm not the best at giving advice, but I can definatly make it fun :D
  5. that's interesting, because the second girl i t alked about always goes out with TOTAL SCUM. intersting...
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Women are all ****ing morons. ;) Let me tell you why. First of all this has never happened to me, but I've seen it happen to so many other men. They will become best friends with a man and tell them that they are their best friend and that they love them, but they can't be more than friends... sound familiar? Well guys get it all the time. Then usually the girl goes after Mr. Jackass who beats her or treats her like ****, wheras she hangs out with her best friend who treats her not only as an equal, but with an ultimate amount of respect and care. My roomate is in a similar situation and has been for a long time now. A girlfriend/boyfriend should be your best friend above all.
  7. would you mind calling my friend and telling her that?
    seriously, i think you could convince her...

i hear what you're sayin', man. it's aggravating. and sadly, i'm used to it. man, everything sucks and i hate the world. grrr..i'm an angsty teen.:rolleyes:
    [yeah, i rolled my eyes at MYSELF.]
  8. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Next time, don't hold back. Puke right on her. A real friend will understand.
  9. Well, aren't you Dear Abby :D

Teenage years are rough, girls never know what they want :rolleyes:. At least as you get older you get to associate with girls who have some semblance of what they're attracted to in a man and put them through fewer wild goose chases......sometimes.
  10. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

I think all girls just want a good fixer-upper. A project-bass, if you will :D
  11. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Yea, I agree with you tuba. If he is dead set on pursuing this girl, the best bet is to stop showing so much care and emotion towards her, and maybe even introduce a little competition into the game. Woman (and most all humans) are dead set to have what the feel is unattainable. You're making it too easy....everyone likes a little challenge.

I also agree with Dave......great country writers have made millions off of things like this :D
  12. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I didn't get my girlfriend until I stopped persuing her. I was the sweetest, nicest, most compassionate person I could be, but to no avail.

I stopped caring, started to hang out with my friends again, went back to my burping, farting, crude joke telling old self.

We've been happily together for the past 4 months :cool:
  13. Don't worry Floyd, I get the same thing most of the time. It's not our faults, just the girls in Massachusetts are messed up.
  14. yep. most males have been in similar situations, me included. I feel for you mi amigo.

Dont sweat it though. sometimes things like that work out for the best. maybe going with the flow will land you said girl #1, and youll live happily ever after. like others above me have said, woman are some crazy peoples, never know what they want. she could start making out with you at the drop of a hat:D .

I wish you the best of luck
  15. I had a very sad experience with the first and only girl I've really loved 3 years ago.. she just dumped me and started to call me "insane" and sayed that she was affraid of me, by no reason. In that momment I had left my home and family and made my way to another town, practically because she lived there.. I felt I had nothing left.

I wrote some songs inspired in what I felt and went through.
  16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You're not a nerd, are you? It sounds like you might be a nerd.
  17. hey FLOYD, bruddah that sucks :(

Girls always say that, though. "I can never go out with you" - then look at what happens :D

You could give it some time.. and Try again... or.. the do it the punk-rock way and burn down her ^&"£ing house.

18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    the PC term these days is Geek...nerd has been all but phased out.