Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The latest acquisition (new bass, big pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Aug 9, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1998 Warwick Thumb Bolt-On 5 String. Wenge neck, Ovangkol body and a whole lot of sexy looks. I paid 400 for it after I traded in that ESP Eclipse I tried to sell on here awhile ago. I had to barter a bit, but hey, I came out with a bass. The things beautiful. Super tight B-string, and tons and tons of growl and the fastest attack I've ever heard in a bass, simply incredible. The neck is somewhat thick and the neck dive ain't so pretty, but it's worth the tradeoff for the incredible tone. Really low action and it's easy to fly around on it. J/J pickups with stacked Bass/Treble, volume and blend controls. I love. So many tones can be had. It goes from real soft to real brittle. I like it alot.

<3

2. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    that just isn't fair! :crying: and to think lonley me over here only has an ibanez and two no names ALL USED! and you have a flea bass and a thumb...

but thats okay becuase all of my basses are scores anyway... :bassist:

congrats...

gonna give us an in depth review on the thumb?

3. Yeah, definatley. I've had in in my hands for about 2 hours now. Hehe. So within a week or so, i'll give a nice one.

4. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    i 'll be interested to here your review because there seems to be some warwick bashing which i dont get, I like my father's (passive 'vette standard)

hows that flea bass also?

5. The flea is amazing. ahhh ahhh flea. I love it. By far the best production, if you'd even call it that, because there is a huge waitlist and they are all built to your specifications, bass I have ever played.

The bottom line though, you either love warwicks or you dont love them at all. They are a one trick pony, but thats a HELL of a trick.

6. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    be sure to include the thumb in your signature!

woah you have an SVT?

how lucky!!!

i have a behringer (not that imma complain, i love it)

7. Good call :p

Yeah, Ampeg SVT5PRO > Ampeg HLF 410 SVT, and other rack stuff.

Of course, I don't deserve any of what I have, but I'm perfectly happy with it. :p

8. congrats!! that thing looks sweet!

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Is that whafro's ?

10. Nah, he has a four string.

11. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Mmmmm. That's sweet. I can't recall seeing a better looking picture of a Warwick.

Nice pair you got there!

12. I have myself covered for awhile with those two, methinks.

And thanks, people tell me I'm really good at 'product photography' whatever that is, i'm sure it pays better than my non-existant gigging schedule.

:D

13. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I can't take a picture worth beans, as evidenced by the picture of my Lakland I took in the "Finally TWO new basses" thread, in which you can see my feet. :rolleyes:

14. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Hey man! Congrats on your Thumb. I can't wait to hear your next bass arrangement. You'll have all kinds of tonal colors to work with. Are you working on anything right now?

Joe

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Those are some nice pics, congrats. :)

16. Ah! Hey man, what's up. Yeah, I'm working on a few things. One is 'Sunset Road' by the flecktones with bass and banjo, and another is You Never Know by DMB with guitar and bass.

I got a killer deal on this bass, I still can't believe it. I coaxed a GC salesman down alot because of some dings and dents and a bad setup, but it can all be cured and it's already playing 10x better than it was at the store.

17. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Cool, I can't wait to hear your new projects. Are you considering any all-bass arrangements?

I know what you mean. Instruments never seem to be properly setup at GC. It's a huge bummer, but it's their loss. Congrats again on your fine instrument.

Joe

18. Your lawn needs a good feed and aeration. And the thumb is a little dusty between the pups...

I'm not much of a 'wick fan, but congrats just the same.

19. It does look like that, but it's actually glare. They are clean as a whistle (see first pic).