Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The latest fashion must-have: eyeball jewellery

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nick man, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay

Odd thing is, Im not all that suprised.

Peace
    Nick

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    All to their own I suppose.

Anyone rember those stupid 'tooth jewellry' things whereby people would get little diamons 'glued' to their teath (often canines..the teeth, not dogs)?

It'll all blow over after a year long life cycle containing many a happy customer, a few glass eye requirments, 1 or 2 deaths and a couple 'a million squid for the 'implantors' (not to mention the dough to be made for illegal inplanting)...

3. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    That's... weird...

Not surprising though, strange.

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :eek: :eek:

please not my eyes! thats one of my sorta phobias, but not as strong, if any damage comes to an eye - and these idiots are doing it willingly :rolleyes: i would not let anyone do this to my eye even if I was paid a lot of money - but here they pay for it :eek: :rolleyes: sorta ridiculous...

5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Quote from the text:
    "In my view it is a little more subtle than (body) piercing. It is a bit of a fun thing and a very personal thing for people,"...

More subtle? FUN THING???

...said Gerrit Melles, director of the Netherlands Institute for Innovative Ocular Surgery (www.NIIOC.nl).

Now I understand... :rolleyes: ...

If there was such a thing as eye piercing, i'm sure he would comment positively on it... because he gets the dough :rolleyes: :spit:

6. I think it is kinda neat. But then again this is coming from a guy that hopefully within the year will have his arms branded :p

7. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Why not just get contacts with that crap on them?

I want some red contacts...or black...or white...or grey.