Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Latest News on Budda... (I've been waiting for a Phatbass pedal since March)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gfab333, Aug 6, 2003.

1. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I thought I'd share my latest findings on Budda, in case anyone else out there has a pedal or amp on order. I've had a Phatbass pedal on order since March.

Anyway, first they had a backlog of orders. Then they had some kind of flood in their plant. So, they had to move to another location. In the meantime, production was shut down. They are finally getting the manufacturing line up and running. I talked to one of the owners (a guy named Scott) personally today. They are just getting the amp production ramped up; that had priority over the pedals. They may have the pedal production back on line in a few weeks. So, with the backorders, it will be awhile. Scott says they'll have a better idea on the delivery of pedal orders in a couple of weeks.

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    FYI,

Got tired of waiting and cancelled my order. Then went and bought a Tube Works Blue Tube pedal from MF after reading a few posts here at TB. Less than half the price of the Budda and has one tube in it (12ax7). Should be here in a few days. I'll post a review. Ofcourse, then I'll be on the hunt for the ultimate tube... someone said to try a 12au7. LoL!!!

3. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I forgot to mention that even though I decided to pass on the Phatbass pedal due to factory production output problems, I must say that the guys at Budda are very cool and customer service oriented. They respond to your emails promptly, and are nice guys.

4. This Monday, I just got the rackmount version of the Blue Tube. It's awesome! I currently have a JAN5751 tube in it, which I like better than the 12ax7 stock tube, but I'm going to start looking for the 12au7 tube soon.

-Steve

5. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Just received my Blue Tube 903 pedal today. The Ruby 12ax7 seemed to sound OK. I wanted to try the 12au7, so I went off and bought a GT for $14. Sounded good at the store when I tested it out. I need to try it more at home, and on the gigs / jam sessions. I'll keep you all posted.

6. gfab333,

I've got a five year old 903 which I scored at a closeout here in Chicago at Guitar Center for $75! I don't use it much anymore, but the tube swapping has gotten me interested. Also, how do you feel about the EQ flexibility, it's ranges, etc.? Any noise noticeable? Mine has kind of a very light low freq hum when engaged, kind of like bad filter caps in an amp. But you can't hear it in a normal performance environment.

Whacker

7. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    lusterking and whacker,

let's continue this under a Blue tube thread. probably not cool to have this under the budda thread (as much as the company and the budda owners are cool guys). I'll start a blue tube thread.

8. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    Any eta on the Budda. I have been dying to hear one of these or at leat a review of how it sounds.

Thanks,
    Dave

9. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    DRN,

I cancelled my order, because it was taking so long. last I heard in late July, they said that the amp production was given priority and they had just got it back online. They were estimating another 8 weeks for the pedals. So, maybe October?

I think Budda was a victim of circumstance, with regard to a factory flood and relocation issues. When ever I email or call them, they come off as very knowlegeable, responsive, and customer- service oriented. Very nice bunch of pros.

As much as I'm happy with my Blue Tube 903, I'd still like to hear a Phatbass someday, with its two tube driven stages (two tubes, not just one).

10. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    DUH I completely forgot you canceled it. Sorry
    I read this post when it first was posted then I looked at it again today to see if any updates or other people responded and just looked at the bottom few replies.

Sorry

11. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    No prob fellow bass brother!