Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The latest on the pole shift ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Here is my latest communique from Pole Shift. I don't know what to say. Draw your own conclusions.

Greetings Munji,

Yes, a pole shift is pending, as evident by the increasing strange weather, warming oceans, and more recently the increasing number of earthquakes. The date given ffor this to occur recently (mid-May) was deliberately bogus to demonstrate the reactions of governments to declare martial law (or Homeland Security -- Terrorist Code Red as it's called here in America) Regardless of the name, the effect is the same: some governments want to quarenteen citizens to their homes for the pole shift, which in cities is a certain death trap as they so well know.

As such, no real date for the pole shift will actually be given in advance; because to do so would play into the hands of those intent on entraping millions of innocents. Instead, watch the earth changes increase in scale. When the days come when the sun sets late, rises late, and holds at dawn/morning, then this is the sign to move to your safe location -- and that the pole shift is at that point only days away.

happy trails,
    Pole Shift

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    w00t

3. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    maybe there is enough time to get my "safe location" ready.... :rolleyes:

P@

4. riiight

5. dear pole shift:

"quarantine."

love, dance

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    In all seriousness this man must live a very very sad, paranoid life. Constantly waiting for some disaster that he is certain will come but in reality never will...sounds like it has become his religion to some extent.

brad cook

7. in other words...

"hell if we know"

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You are correct, sir. I sent him an e-mail with words to that effect.

9. Normally, I would just think this whole pole shift thing is harmless (except those who put their life savings into it :rolleyes:, but they deserve it) and not really worth me getting all worked up over. But it turns out that these people are asking thier followers to put down thier pets so they don't turn violent against their owners. :mad:

10. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Geez, are people still saying this is gonna happen?

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think it will happen and a lot of reputable scientists do as well - the question is when - a few hundred years away, or millions?

12. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Ummm. . . you think what will happen? What these guys are referring to as a "pole shift" is that a "rogue planet" will zoom by the Earth and cause its rotation to stop, then reverse. Find me a single reputable scientist that will even comment on the subject (with more than one word or a guffaw anyway).

But I think you're talking about the magnetic pole reversal. Which has been known to happen (frequently, and periodically) before.

13. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Yes, quite - but that's very different from what's being suggested here. You're talking about a natural occurrence there, that happens over a long period of time.

What we're talking about here is the so-called Planet X entering our solar system and causing all sorts of havok, and a pole shift happening in a few hours, causing continents to be dragged all over the planet!

14. Nevermind the fact that scientist believe that the actual pole shifts happen very quickly (As in hours or a couple of days) anyway after a period of instability.

As for Planet X: True, on a long enough timescale anything can and will happen, but I wouldn't be too worried about that. Space is huge* enough so that we can safely worry about other problems before this one.

*"Huge multiplied by gigantic multiplied by colossal is the concept we're trying to get across here." :D ;)

15. Bruce Lindfield

Yes - sorry that's what I was talking about! ;)

I don't see why the planet thing is called pole shift - it is a much more appropriate description for this phenomenon! :confused:

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The planet will be driven by Lex Luthor...who has affixed two gigantic rocket boosters and a steering wheel to it. And it will be made of....KRYPTONITE!!! I'll get you this time, Superman...or should I say SUCKERman. HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!

17. The magnetic poles will reverse. Unless my physics teachers lie to me (quite possible), it's happened before and it'll happen again.

18. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    From space.com:

On Aug. 27, 2003, Mars will be less than 34.65 million miles (55.76 million kilometers) away -- closer to our planet than it’s been in nearly 60,000 years.

Link to the story. I wonder if this could have any effect on Earth.

19. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    All that i've read (from reputable sources) about poleshifting says that the magnetic pole sorta wonders around the globe. There are magnetic particles in rocks (can't remember what they're called) that can be used to determine where magnetic north was at any given time. SOO from what i understand it doesn't just switch from true north to true south, but simply wonders.

20. Bruce Lindfield

It does both - there is certainly evidence in fossil or geological records, to show that the magnetisation of lava flows "reversed" or switched at sudden points in time - either way, this phenomenon has more claim to be called 'pole shift'! ;)