The latest two Goodman basses.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by count_funkula, Jun 19, 2005.

1. I've finally completed these two. I'm going to make a five string version of the one on the right next.
  2. Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    I really like the single cut model. It's a classic shape while still looking modern. Few shapes pull that off well. The pickguard shape is awesome aswell.
  3. Thanks. The pickguard is what my logo was adapted from. It's supposed to be a lower case "g".
  4. Jamie, you ROCK!
    love them both.
  5. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Jaime, nice work. That singlecut is cool. Could you post a pic of the back, I wanna see what kind of joint you got going on back there.
  6. Hey, neat-o! Fun design....
  7. Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    jamie those look great.Can you post some better lit pictures too please.
  8. Here are a few more pictures of the black one.
  9. I'm going to take some pictures outside this evening so I should get better lighting.
  10. Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    Really man. I love it. It reminds me of Ernie Ball in a way. A very traditional and inovative style.

Is that pickguard glo-in-the-dark?
  11. Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    Another's the neck dive on the one on the right? It seems like it would be a bit harsh.
  12. teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    I like that one on the right. Looks like it's got some FUNK!! :D
  13. It actually balances really well. I used Hipshot UL tuners so the headstock is pretty light. The body is a bit on the heavy side so it all works out well. Here are some pictures with decent lighting.
  14. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Wow! I really like the singlecut, and I never thought I would ever say that ;)

I'm about as conservative as they come (I play natural Ps with black pickgaurds) but that shape is classic.

Well done!