1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Libster Bass Site reopened - educational bass site!!!!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by thelibster, Oct 19, 2006.

1. thelibster

thelibster

Oct 19, 2006
    Hi there. I'd just like to announce that the bass site that I had
    online has been reuploaded.

http://bass.thelibster.com (mightn't be working yet) or definitley

http://www.thelibster.com/bass

There are lots of bass lessons, lessons on chord theory, links,
    transcriptions, audio files - all sorts of stuff. I'm in the process of
    updating it as it's been out of commission for 5 or 6 years. My nephew
    has just started to learn the bass and he begged me to get it going
    again.

Anyway, the graphics need a lot of work (I didn't know what I was doing
    back then), but their is a massive amount of educational and fun stuff
    available - all free.

Back in the day, the site was very popular - it had something like 1.5
    million hits by the time I closed it down and was rated I believe the
    3rd best bass site in the 10th Anniversary edition of Bass player mag.

Cheers,

The Libster

2. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Great site! Nice transcriptions to work on!

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good to see that site is back. good info there.

4. thelibster

thelibster

Oct 19, 2006
    Thanks! There's a lot more than I remember - I've got a lot of work to do cleaning it all out & getting it up to scratch

5. Daniel L.

Daniel L. Guest

Aug 30, 2002
    Really cool site. The transcriptions are great. I'd love to see more of them, but there is plenty there to keep me busy for awhile.

6. thelibster

thelibster

Oct 19, 2006

I've just dropped some more basslines/transcriptions/mp3s into the "Basslines" folder.

You can get there by going to the "Bass Bits" page and clicking on the basslines link.

This folder consists of a lot of the basslines from music that I've arranged for various clients - there is a lot of stuff from Australian Idol, including the mp3s of the performances.

7. thelibster

thelibster

Oct 19, 2006

I've just dropped some more basslines/transcriptions/mp3s into the "Basslines" folder.

You can get there by going to the "Bass Bits" page and clicking on the basslines link.

This folder consists of a lot of the basslines from music that I've arranged for various clients - there is a lot of stuff from Australian Idol, including the mp3s of the performances.

http://bass.thelibster.com/

I've also just made the links page database driven & cleared out the broken links. I haven't finished yet but if anyone thinks there is a link that should be submitted, let me know.

Cheers,

libster

8. muggsy

muggsy

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Great site! I noticed that the transcription links for the Tower of Power songs seem to be broken. Not that I could play them, but I was curious to see what they'd look like.

9. lola99

lola99

Jan 28, 2006
    Beautiful site, thank you, Libster :hyper:
    Cool, the kids will be with their dad, and I'll get to spend the entire afternoon practicing!

10. bobalu

bobalu

Oct 1, 2004
    above the 49th
    Thank-you for resurrecting your site libster! :hyper: I will be camping out there now trying to learn. Nicely done!

11. thelibster

thelibster

Oct 19, 2006
    My pleasure - I've been using some of my programming chops on it and it's coming up a treat :) The old content is pretty much restored now and I've added quite a bit of new stuff already. In the last few years I've accumulated loads of things that I can add and I've also got another hand or two on board this time around.

Make sure you sign the guestbook at the Libster Lounge. I think that's my finest accomplishment :)