Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The "list your fears/phobias" thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Jun 2, 2004.

1. I'll start.

I'm a germaphobe, more specifically, people's hands. I refuse to shake people's hands if I'm think they're dirty. I wash my hands all the time. I hate getting dirty/sweaty/muddy as well.

Anything else I'm cool with, but I can't stand being dirty.

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Wasps and their ilk. I have no more than a rational fear of spiders, other insects, snakes, etc. - I've kept and handled my share of exotic bugs and the like... but I have a genuine phobia of wasps, however. There are a lot of them around these parts, too.

Though it's an irrational fear, the rational part of me objects to any aggressive critter with that much 3D agility and ability to circle around and catch me from behind. I feel like an oil barge being attacked by an F-16!

:help:

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Neat Freaks.... man they are scary, never shake my hand, always looking down on me... I usually touch all there stuff when they aren't around :spit:

:smug: Truth be told.... I fear Success, seems the better I am / better I do something... the more likely I am to sabatoge it :meh: Welcome to my hell

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I have a deathly fear of anything with more than four strings and has a headstock.

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Spiders.... ick. If I know they are there, im ok... but if i stumble upon one, my heart rate is faster than vic's solo on the live version of sinister minister...

i dont like walking on the sidewalk when a car is driving past me from behind...

i dont like walking alone, and having a group of people behind me.

6. i fear people hating me. simple as that. i just say sorry and try to explain myself over the littlest things that i didnt mean to do.

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    So do you walk on the road instead???

That have anything to do with you being a narc?? :D

8. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

Uh oh... I'm about to join the bandwagon here.

+1.

9. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I am absolutely bloody terrified of failure.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I have a fear of heights, and germs.

-Mike

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Ticks. That's pretty much it.

12. On behalf of the male gender: Commitment. (relationships AND mental institutions!)
    :smug:

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ending up like my parents. Too much work, not enough life.

If you need to spend too much time at work and end up working while at home to keep that nice house and nice car then you should just work less and live simpler. Lets not forget the extra stress.

Peace
    Nick

14. I have a slight case of Acrophobia (fear of heights). I'm fine on rooftops, but absolutely hate ladders and such. I guess it depends on if I"m standing on something that could likely fall.

15. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    My biggest fear is spiders.....although I guess to some extent all creepy crawlies until identified as non arachnid!

I also seem to be developing something else....but can't pin it down.....felt really terrified when I visited a local castle. Not sure whether it was a fear of the height, fear of the enclosed cramped feeling or what! G/f reckons I was there in a previous life and my last visit didn't go well........I just think I'm getting older and developing another fear of something - need to go back and find out!

16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I was researching tarantulas today as pets and found some awesome pictures.

You arachnaphobes are at my mercy. :D

17. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I really hate revolving doors. I'll go around them every time it's possible.

18. Spiders
    Elevators (but i can convince myself to take one if i have to)
    Flying
    Dying alone...leaving behind no wife or kids no nothing..

19. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I'm afraid of sponges.