1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The longest hour...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by casualmadness, Mar 14, 2008.

1. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    The longest hour is the last hour of work on a Friday. Sitting, staring at the clock. The minutes tick by like days. It drags out for an enternity...this last hour of productivity. The nonsensical hip-hop noise wafting over from a neighboring cubicle...the distant back door that is too far away to get any real benefit from the nice weather and yet close enough to show the beautiful sunshine that I'm missing: it doesn't matter how nice the weather is considering I'll spend my Friday night doing the innevitable graduate school chores. But a nice sunny day makes inching along the freeway a bit more tolerable. Oh last hour, why must you torture me? Why not just move with the same speed as your cohorts? It makes no sense that you should punish the working class stiff by being slow. Damn you, final hour of the workday on Friday. Damn you to hell...

2. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    owned.

3. stop watching the clock, huge mistake! :p

4. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Yeah, that sounds pretty productive, sitting, and staring at the clock.

5. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    That's essentially how every hour feels where I work.

6. Worse still is when you're an on-site contractor for the .gov, and all the Feds have cut out early right after their boss. I am in that situation now even as we speak.

At least the Metro will be quiet unless you're going towards National or BWI...oh yeah, the BWI bus lets off at Greenbelt...lotta suitcases and crowded escalators...dang.

BUt it's still gonna be a good day. There;'s more sunshine available, I got a bonus from work this year and I actually get to keep 58% of it after taxes and SS. OTOH, the #1 bass on my GAS list is for sale right here on TalkBass, and locally too. If I took the bonus AND the tax refunds AND the stimulus payment I could afford it, but that ain't gonna happen even with my kind and understanding wife...

And if the good Lord's willin' and the pumps doesn't run dry I'll make it home to catch up on some...yard work.

Happy Spring Break y'all. :hyper::bassist::hyper:

7. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    I am in the exact same situation...:crying:

8. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    ...down to 30 minutes

9. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
  10. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    I try to take Friday afternoons off in order to avoid this problem.

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    beer. The answer to and cause of all of life's problems.