1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The love of my life passed away

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nashvillebill, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Veronica and I had been together almost 13 years, somehow we stuck together despite the demons she had been wrestling inside her.

Early this morning I got up, walked into the living room, and found her dead on the floor. She evidently had died during the night, she was well past the point of CPR.

1000 pills could not heal the physical pain her body had been suffering, but evidently her body just could not endure one more pill. Goddamn the disease of addiction!!

I do not know when if ever I will be able to play music again. The house and everything in it is suddenly full of painful memories. I'm now alone with the dog and cat, they have been going from room to room wondering where Mommy is.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    So sorry to hear it, bill. My prayer is for peace for you.

bc

3. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Tragic news, heartbreaking to read. So sorry, mate. Life is full of lessons. Take this one as well as you can, and there will be better ones in your future.

4. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Jul 2, 2007
    Colorado
    Sorry to hear about your loss man. There is nothing you could have done.

5. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Sorry to hear it dude, horrible stuff.

6. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Utmost sympathy to you, nashvillebill. Really sorry to hear that.

7. pflash4001

pflash4001

Dec 2, 2011
    Dude, as empty as words may seem at times, I truly am sorry for your loss. All I can say is my thoughts and prayers go out to you and Veronica. Just don't give up. Be strong and hold your head up.

8. You'll come out of this a stronger person. RIP, Veronica.

9. DblG

DblG

Apr 27, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Very sorry for your loss, that is tragic. I hope you find that in the months to come you'll find playing music helps you through your grieving.

10. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

11. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    +1 I'm so sorry for your loss Bill.

12. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    My condolences to you.

13. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    It's a day we all dread to face, outliving our loved ones. Stay strong.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I'll listen to Veronica by Elvis Costello in your honor. Sorry to hear this news. I don't know how I would react to what you say.

-Mike

15. My very deepest sympathies to you.
    I lost my wife what will be 4 years ago in May.
    I know the feeling of that kind of loss.
    God Bless, and push forward.
    Jeff

16. blastoff99

blastoff99

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA
    Whoa.

I'm getting all teary-eyed just trying to think of what on earth I might say to you, and I can't come up with much. Tears, yes; words, no.

I'm so sorry for your loss. PM me if you wish.

17. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

I wish I could offer more.

18. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    Where is your head man ? Veronica may be gone physically,but I promise you, she is right beside you, watching over your every move. And you know yourself, she will always live inside you ! Honor her in every thing you do man. When you play music again, and you will, play it for her, and play the hell out of it. Be the best you can at everything you do, as I am sure she would be so very proud of you. She is right beside you ,Brother, hoping that your love for her,will get you through this. Show her that you are a better man, for the time you spent together. Surprise her and grow to be something she would have wanted you to be. Our prayers are with you, and hopefully you can find some happiness in the animals you shared together. Talk to her Brother, She is right beside You ! Now, make her PROUD !

19. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    I'm very sorry for your loss. If there is any comfort may it be in knowing she is at peace and is not suffering anymore. God bless.

20. So sorry to hear this. Praying for you and the whole situation.