Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Lumber Lady...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Sal_Paradise, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Has anyone ever ordered a neck or body blank from the Lumber Lady?

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    never heard of her? You have a link?

3. Scott French

Scott French Dude Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    I heard on the MIMF site that she recently died?!

4. I ordered a gorgeous thuya burl bookmatched set from the Lumber Lady people. I'm not sure if the woman that I dealt with, Judy, is the "Lumber Lady" per say. They have top notch customer service, very friendly.

I'm sorry to hear if she did indeed pass away. :(

5. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I was thinking of ordering something from there to be used in a custom Typ A bass. I first heard about The Lumber Lady through the Typ A website (http://typ-a.com/)

They have a ton of beautiful wood, including a great deal that I had never seen or heard of before!

6. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    Wow, I just checked the site again and noticed that they have sweet prices on neck blanks! Custom multi-laminate necks for $70! Or you can choose from the stock necks they have for $60.

I need to learn to build instruments. LoL

7. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    I'm fairly certain Judy is the Lumber Lady. I bought the wood for my bass bass from her earlier this year. She was very pleasant and helpful. My maple and black mesquite boards were sanded smooth on SIX sides!

Myrtlewood was from another source.

[​IMG]

8. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    ...now that's a real BASS BASS!

9. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I like it, the Fish thing has been tried a LOT before, but that one WORKS!!!!

10. bassinflux

bassinflux

Sep 14, 2004
    hmmm im going to look into this... id like to get a 6 string width 35 or 6 scale fretless with a ziricote fingerboard... she puts ziricote on for 15 bucks it says... for a neck i mean... ill build the bod